Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Why does it feel like Gunsite has quietened down significantly over the last year

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    I enjoy this thread, also noticed the drop in activity, also reluctant (as a relatively new shooter) to get the piss taken out of me, BUT this part I just can't undertsand or make any sense of.
    Was supposed to be quote marks around the waste. It's either shoot or pay rent / put in fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
    A forum like this is only as good as the mods and the members who participate.

I think we’re lucky to have excellent mods and members here. But they seem very quiet lately.

Perhaps we should approach this “issue” more proactively with weekly dedicated articles from the experienced guys on specific topics, instead of the Q&A model.

I would love to read something on a more regular basis from guys like Big T, Skaaphaas, Khumba, Messor, Andrew Leigh, PietdeVries, Ds J etc instead of them just answering questions when asked.

We live in Africa and Africa is about telling stories.

Comes on guys, tell us your stories!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think this is a great idea if time permits the experienced members to do so.

I for one joined the forum after and because of first just reading and benefitting from the posts by the mentioned members and others.

User

Default Re: Why does it feel like Gunsite has quietened down significantly over the last year

Mods have definitely slowed the political comment and pointless arguments so there is less volume but better content (more appropriate) IMHO. On the hunting front things tend to pick up each year as winter approaches so I think that there is a seasonal trend in the hunting discussions. The holidays also throw everybody out of their established rhythms so will be interesting to see how the return to work affects volume of posts.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Eniigma View Post
    Was supposed to be quote marks around the waste. It's either shoot or pay rent / put in fuel.
    I'm in that situation too. On the upside it makes me appreciate having a blaster even more.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    I am willing to bet this more than anything else is the reason. I can't speak for the Afrikaans community but amongst the guys that I grew up pretty much all have gone.
    Half of my 2001 matric class has emigrated. More and more of the kids I teach choose to study overseas.

User

Talking about this........whatever happened to Wandering Zero? The WZ used to be a prolific poster and even has a ‘column’ or three here, threads that became stickies.

But it’s been quite a few months he hasn’t been on here from what I see.

Anyone know if he’s okay......or is there something I missed?

User

A thought. Why would people who emigrate suddenly vanish of Gunsite? Except if they go live in the Australian outback where there is not internet. Even Timbaktu has internet access these days, probably cheaper than SA too.

And all those with less cash to spend on shooting, how much does posting nonsense on GS cost you anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    A thought. Why would people who emigrate suddenly vanish of Gunsite? Except if they go live in the Australian outback where there is not internet. Even Timbaktu has internet access these days, probably cheaper than SA too.

And all those with less cash to spend on shooting, how much does posting nonsense on GS cost you anyway?
    I think expats find it difficult to comment meaningfully, unless it’s about shooting or hunting technique. Anything else gets tainted with “you’re no longer here to see the proper context”.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Uv
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I think expats find it difficult to comment meaningfully, unless it’s about shooting or hunting technique. Anything else gets tainted with “you’re no longer here to see the proper context”.
    Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

By u gee gee kgi
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    Uv

8n4G354g

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast