Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: REALLY !!!!!

User

Default Re: REALLY !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I honestly do not understand why any business in SA would advertise prices excluding to retail customers. Unless they are trying to catch people making them think price lower. I can understand a company showing another reseller excl. As they can claim VAT. But why would you show Excl to normal customers. Does not make sense.
    Hailstorm for example is locked into online store design software that is unfortunately not programmed for VAT and therefore pricing says excluding VAT. We cannot get it changed and to have the whole store redone will cost us 10's of thousands of rands and hundreds of hours of manpower which we cannot afford and the cost of which we obviously would not want to pass on to customers in raised selling prices.

My understanding of the issue may not be correct so I edited my reply accordingly.

We will investigate the issue and revert.
    Last edited by DS; 10-01-2019 at 08:32.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    Hailstorm's prices are ex VAT due to the American software they use.

In America because different States have different tax percentages, your tax is only added when you pay.
    Thanks dude - appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Because you do not know what you do not - heard that before maybe?

1. it is perfectly legal to do.
    2. Hailstorm for example is locked into online store design software that is unfortunately not programmed for VAT and therefore pricing says excluding VAT. We cannot get it changed and to have the whole store redone will cost us 10's of thousands of rands and hundreds of hours of manpower which we cannot afford and the cost of which we obviously would not want to pass on to customers in raised selling prices.
    Just use the Value Added Tax module for 3dcart.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I honestly do not understand why any business in SA would advertise prices excluding to retail customers. Unless they are trying to catch people making them think price lower.

Quoted "Prices, charged, advertised or quoted to include VAT. Many vendors are still advertising VAT-exclusive prices, despite the requirement in section 65(1) that prices must be advertised or quoted including VAT, and that it is a criminal offence, punishable by law, to advertise VAT-exclusive prices"

https://www.fin24.com/Companies/Adve...xpert-20161127Ive read an article wrt VAT. The price advertised must include VAT. If you want to display price ex Vat then the item must have both prices listed on it. I don't know if the law has changed in the mean time, but I think those people advertise falsely according to the VAT law

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ωhm View Post
    Just use the Value Added Tax module for 3dcart.
    Afaik it is not compatible with our accounting system but I will have the financial management team check it out and correct if possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2