Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dealer question

User

Default Re: Dealer question

I was not aware of anything. Im currently not home at the moment to check up on the papers but will be back during the week. If i have to pay it will definitely name and shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    I've had Guns in my storage since 2012. And it's because of that that I too have had to implement a storage fee if there is no proof of license submission within 3 months of purchase. If you do then no storage applies. And yes, this is an upfront discussion before money is even discussed.

I think telling the dealers to suck d!ck and that we are a bunch of fuc&ers for doing so is a little harsh. What, does being a dealer mean I must hold onto sold Guns for life? Space is limited and it's not the client that had to fork out for the manufacture of safe keeping facilities?

After all, the dealer has done his part by facilitating a sale and specifying terms, accepted by the buyer, if folks choose to not license in 6 years then who's the dick?

If this dealer however never had those discussions and is now trying to rape it, then by all means, name calling to proceed. But don't paint us all with that brush.

My 5c
    R1500 for 4 months from purchase till license is approved? Surely you must agree that is not on?

Not all dealers are the same and no one thinks that there should be no storage fee if the buyer does not submit in a reasonable time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Valid

However the OP states four months from start of app to receiving the card. A reasonable time considering current state of cfr. Under different circumstances I could agree with you fully
    True. But he did not mention how long after purchase the application for the licence started. Maybe it was the next day. Maybe it was a few months/years later. He also did not mention what firearm it is. Mostly a dealer may not be too miffed at having to hang on to a little subcompact in a bag for a long time. But it may just as easily be some 338 PRS super rifle in a flight case. Which does take up some real estate in a safe. We dont know.

All thing being equal, if the dealer is being a twit, name him, shame him, and resolve this. On the other hand, name the dealer, and the other side of the story could emerge, (if there is one). I am curious either way :) The OP needs to put more facts and details on the table, and then we could help.
    Du Doch Nicht!!

User

I had a year long battle to licence a Galil. Not the biggest gun, but then again, not a compact. Not a cent was asked for storage. (Yet again, I have dropped a few rand at the store for other guns :)). Most places say that if your licence hasn't been issued within a year, they will charge storage. I know of a gun shop where people haven't even applied for the licence for a R150K firearm after two years. WTF. The day after I have the 271, that app is in

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    True. But he did not mention how long after purchase the application for the licence started. Maybe it was the next day. Maybe it was a few months/years later. He also did not mention what firearm it is. Mostly a dealer may not be too miffed at having to hang on to a little subcompact in a bag for a long time. But it may just as easily be some 338 PRS super rifle in a flight case. Which does take up some real estate in a safe. We dont know.

All thing being equal, if the dealer is being a twit, name him, shame him, and resolve this. On the other hand, name the dealer, and the other side of the story could emerge, (if there is one). I am curious either way :) The OP needs to put more facts and details on the table, and then we could help.
    A well summed up reply I can agree with
    Youtube: pdh BeepRunShoot Twitter: @pdhBeepRunShoot Instagram: pdh_BeepRunShoot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3