Default Shiny, let's be bad guys.

Today was training day and I was the bad guy.

At my disposal was two simmunition G17s and a Remington 870 with five subcaliber devices for .38 Special FX ammo.

My playground was the Pat Thomas Shoot House. The scenario was a two man unit is dispatched to the location in an attempt to locate another officer that they lost contact with. They arrive and find him laid out. Other than that, the ball is in my court. Oh, they also had to retrieve their AR from the trunk.

It was also cold as hell. About 35°F in thr morning.

In the end, playing bad guy is still a good experience since you practice cover, concealment, reloading, and advancing on other through violence of attack since you pin them in an ambush.
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User

Default Re: Shiny, let's be bad guys.

Who won?

User

User

Nice clear pics. Did you get an iPhone X?

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post

Today was training day and I was the bad guy.

At my disposal was two simmunition G17s and a Remington 870 with five subcaliber devices for .38 Special FX ammo.

My playground was the Pat Thomas Shoot House. The scenario was a two man unit is dispatched to the location in an attempt to locate another officer that they lost contact with. They arrive and find him laid out. Other than that, the ball is in my court. Oh, they also had to retrieve their AR from the trunk.

It was also cold as hell. About 35°F in thr morning.

In the end, playing bad guy is still a good experience since you practice cover, concealment, reloading, and advancing on other through violence of attack since you pin them in an ambush.
    You look more like a fighter pilot than a bad ass.

Cold weather decided outcome.

Y

User

Good fun, even better training. Done this type of training long time ago as bad guy. Often had responding officers in shock how easy they could be shot as not paying proper attention to use of cover and concealment. The mindset is where the difference comes in, as "attacker" you have made up your mind and have a plan of attack, as responder you are entering the unknown resulting in increased stress and not always the correct focus needed to address such situations. This type of training is invaluable for police officers as it teaches them not only how to survive tactically, but also how the think, react and mentally prepare themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    Nice clear pics. Did you get an iPhone X?
    Nope... still using my Galaxy 8
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms