Thread: Green but keen

User

Default Green but keen

Greetings all, so having been put off acquiring a firearm of any kind due to the daunting licensing process I started the pass time of marksmanship in airgunning with the discipline known as "Hunter Field Target" and then later, the more technically demanding and expensive "Field Target". The equipment was every bit as expensive as traditional firearms but I could have the gun today if I so chose and at a few cents per shot it was to keep me busy for nearly a decade. I reluctantly packed it eventually having become a dad and taking a massive hit with the economic downturn. There could be no more "weekends at the range" and 100km round trips for mandatory league shoots and the like. Fast forward a few years and crime starts freaking me out, the last straw being murders line of sight from my house. I then proceeded to get onto Facebook a year or so ago with a view to getting some information about the licensing process that had kept me at bay into my then 41st year. Clearly, the BS to acquire an s13 carry gun had become a necessary evil if I hoped to defend my loved ones should the unthinkable occur. Let's just say, my ignorance got me lambasted but it was all in good fun and I met some top drawer folk and so I find myself here eager to continue my learning not just in respect of equipment but sport shooting and courses so I can actually use my pistol (almost there) effectively. I look forward to joining some of you at the range in the near future and picking your brains for pearls of wisdom and learning from everyone right here too.

Andrew

User

Default Re: Green but keen

welcome, andrew :-)

Banned

Welcome Andrew.

Banned

Welcome

User

Welcome. Hope you learn a lot here

User

Welcome Andrew!

User

hi

User

Welcome.

You managed to meet some less than top drawer folks too!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Barkley View Post
    Greetings all, so having been put off acquiring a firearm of any kind due to the daunting licensing process I started the pass time of marksmanship in airgunning with the discipline known as "Hunter Field Target" and then later, the more technically demanding and expensive "Field Target". The equipment was every bit as expensive as traditional firearms but I could have the gun today if I so chose and at a few cents per shot it was to keep me busy for nearly a decade. I reluctantly packed it eventually having become a dad and taking a massive hit with the economic downturn. There could be no more "weekends at the range" and 100km round trips for mandatory league shoots and the like. Fast forward a few years and crime starts freaking me out, the last straw being murders line of sight from my house. I then proceeded to get onto Facebook a year or so ago with a view to getting some information about the licensing process that had kept me at bay into my then 41st year. Clearly, the BS to acquire an s13 carry gun had become a necessary evil if I hoped to defend my loved ones should the unthinkable occur. Let's just say, my ignorance got me lambasted but it was all in good fun and I met some top drawer folk and so I find myself here eager to continue my learning not just in respect of equipment but sport shooting and courses so I can actually use my pistol (almost there) effectively. I look forward to joining some of you at the range in the near future and picking your brains for pearls of wisdom and learning from everyone right here too.

Andrew
    You probably pop wheelies 100% of the time and do some leather work in between clearing rubble. Welcome Andrew Barkley! Still have time to ride Uni in between all the other activities? UniWayne - Joburgs side

welcome - this is the correct site to find pearls and other gems of wisdom.