Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Pilots on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    My father is a respected and very experienced aircraft accident investigator. He once told me that a gyrocopter has this built-in feature where, if anything goes wrong while in flight, it takes you directly to an accident scene.
    What is his opinion on gliders and motorgliders?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

I am currently shopping for a but-fan, That to me is one of the most affordable, 'part-of-the-elements' flying out there...

My biggest concern is the fact that it's already started taking my focus off of shooting....

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    What is his opinion on gliders and motorgliders?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Nothing as outspoken like with gyrocopters, but he’s always told me how much he enjoyed gliding.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Nothing as outspoken like with gyrocopters, but he’s always told me how much he enjoyed gliding.
    There are nice videos on Youtube where they glide around the Alps. It looks amazing. That is why I think motorgliders are the perfect middle ground. You can self-launch (no winching or towing required), and once in the thermals, you can switch off the engine and just glide.

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    There are nice videos on Youtube where they glide around the Alps. It looks amazing. That is why I think motorgliders are the perfect middle ground. You can self-launch (no winching or towing required), and once in the thermals, you can switch off the engine and just glide.
    Many years ago got to spend about 45 minutes in a motor glider. By far and away my best flying experience (passenger). To me a microlight doesn't even come close what with all the noise.

User

Yeah, on the costs, my old man was also looking to get a Jabiru or the like a few years ago, but gave it up due to costs.

Now I've been roped in to help build him a 737 simulator

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    I am currently shopping for a but-fan, That to me is one of the most affordable, 'part-of-the-elements' flying out there...

My biggest concern is the fact that it's already started taking my focus off of shooting....
    Is that the one with the massive fan behind your butt and a parachute? The sport/hobbie seems to be taking off in a big way in J-Bay recently...excuse the pun.

Time flies when you're having fun, and while things are looking up on this thread I fear if I spend to much time on the internet I might be grounded, so I should best take off. Sorry, couldn't help myself. The first really was an accident.

User

Indeed : ] Paragliding, or Paramotoring ...

Those things can go up to 17 000 foot - I'm sold.

Dornier 228/embraer driver here

User

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast