Default Ruger LCP 2 info required

Does anyone own the new Ruger
    model
    LCP 2 not the Normal LCP1?

I would like to know what your overall impressions are of this.380 and if possible versus the older RugerLCP1?

I want to know as someone said to me that there is very little change and difference between the original lcp1 and the lcp2.

I really don't want to know about better .380's as I am interested to know about the Ruger LCP2 only please.

The American folks love this gun and if I am not mistaken it sold more units than any other .380 onthe market.

I love the size,and ergonomics as a pocket gun only and also the narrow width of it and lack of weight

Apparently the wicked muzzle flip is history too.

Anyone that has one could you please give me feedback or even pm me.

Much appreciated

User

Default Re: Ruger LCP 2 info required

I have worked on both.

The LCP 2 is really not an update, or a continuation of the LCP, it is actually a different gun in a way. The LCP is still being made afaik. The LCP2 has a different trigger. Better in some ways. It is also a little bigger and wider, and grips better. The 2 is more comfortable to shoot, but the original curvier LCP is a better "pocket pistol" (which was the whole idea behind the LCP to start with). I dont know about the muzzle flip thing. If you shoot one with a flat mag and the other with the pinky mag then of course there will be a difference. And as I mentioned, the 2 is dimensionally larger, so by the laws of physics it will have less flip.

I would not pay much attention to what Americans say about anything firearm related. Remember, they live in the Zoo. We have to live in the Jungle.

The story about the top selling thing is just a story, and probably applies to a specific retailer or area during a specific period.

The LCPs both suffer from design approaches suited to markets where, if you break one, you can go to a store and buy another without much hassle. This may not make sense or matter to many, but there are implications.

The 2 has a (slightly) better frontsight, and larger sight radius, but then again that is just another thing to snag, and both of them's sights are actually pretty horrible. (EDIT: I must add that I kinda like the "bump sight" concept. Nothing to snag, and to be honest, I think of .380s as "punch guns", so the sights are more better understood as fulfilling a legal requirement, than fulfilling an actual function). The 2 is more grippier and wider, so it is easier to shoot. But that is juts another way to not say how small and horrible both are to shoot (as are all really small handguns). Neither have true double action, meaning although the triggers feel double action hard, (for safer handling as pocket pistols), you cannot re-pull the trigger if you have a light strike. But so it is the same of a lot of guns in that class. Both have some faintly bizarre and amusing internal pin, spring and skeleton frame layouts, but that wont bother you unless something breaks. Some of the layouts are at least moving part-reducing in concept, so it is not the end of the world. I personally enjoyed the hammer pull spring (as opposed to a push spring). As I said: Amusing :)

Some people like the look of them, like "Ruger", and get what they were intended for, and so I think, more power to them.

If you want a true pocket pistol, they are that is spades. The original probably a little more so than the 2. But they are not much more than that. (Except the ones that come out with the integral lasers, which is awesome fun if you own a cat)

But that is just my opinion and personal impressions. I dont know much about them, I have only worked on a few. I dont see many of them.

I must qualify all of the above by mentioning that I am a convicted Ruger fanboy.

Default Re: Ruger LCP 2 info required

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    I have worked on both.

The LCP 2 is really not an update, or a continuation of the LCP, it is actually a different gun in a way. The LCP is still being made afaik. The LCP2 has a different trigger. Better in some ways. It is also a little bigger and wider, and grips better. The 2 is more comfortable to shoot, but the original curvier LCP is a better "pocket pistol" (which was the whole idea behind the LCP to start with). I dont know about the muzzle flip thing. If you shoot one with a flat mag and the other with the pinky mag then of course there will be a difference. And as I mentioned, the 2 is dimensionally larger, so by the laws of physics it will have less flip.

I would not pay much attention to what Americans say about anything firearm related. Remember, they live in the Zoo. We have to live in the Jungle.

The story about the top selling thing is just a story, and probably applies to a specific retailer or area during a specific period.

The LCPs both suffer from design approaches suited to markets where, if you break one, you can go to a store and buy another without much hassle. This may not make sense or matter to many, but there are implications.

The 2 has a (slightly) better frontsight, and larger sight radius, but then again that is just another thing to snag, and both of them's sights are actually pretty horrible. (EDIT: I must add that I kinda like the "bump sight" concept. Nothing to snag, and to be honest, I think of .380s as "punch guns", so the sights are more better understood as fulfilling a legal requirement, than fulfilling an actual function). The 2 is more grippier and wider, so it is easier to shoot. But that is juts another way to not say how small and horrible both are to shoot (as are all really small handguns). Neither have true double action, meaning although the triggers feel double action hard, (for safer handling as pocket pistols), you cannot re-pull the trigger if you have a light strike. But so it is the same of a lot of guns in that class. Both have some faintly bizarre and amusing internal pin, spring and skeleton frame layouts, but that wont bother you unless something breaks. Some of the layouts are at least moving part-reducing in concept, so it is not the end of the world. I personally enjoyed the hammer pull spring (as opposed to a push spring). As I said: Amusing :)

Some people like the look of them, like "Ruger", and get what they were intended for, and so I think, more power to them.

If you want a true pocket pistol, they are that is spades. The original probably a little more so than the 2. But they are not much more than that. (Except the ones that come out with the integral lasers, which is awesome fun if you own a cat)

But that is just my opinion and personal impressions. I dont know much about them, I have only worked on a few. I dont see many of them.

I must qualify all of the above by mentioning that I am a convicted Ruger fanboy.
    Thanks Piet
    Highly entertaining as usual