User

Default CR Speed Competition setup

Folks,

So far I've been pretty happy competing with a basic Fobus paddle holster and my EDC spare mag pouches.

I'd like to start working towards some better competition-focused gear while still acknowledging that I have much to learn about the basics of shooting.

What I've seen so far is that the CR Speed rigs are quite common amongst the top shooters.

Anyone care to do a break-down of the differences between the Model A/G setup and the WSM? What should a basic starter pack consist of? And, of course, what am I in for cost-wise?

TIA

User

Default Re: CR Speed Competition setup

Not much change from 2k IIRC for double belt, holster, hanger and mag pouches

Get the mag pouch magnet combo as your first pouch

User

Thanks Neil. What benefits/wins would the magnet pouch give me?

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Thanks Neil. What benefits/wins would the magnet pouch give me?
    The biggest advantage I found with the magnet, is for empty gun table starts. You can grab the gun with strong hand, and 2 mags with weak hand off the table. You can then slap one mag onto the magnet and shove one into the gun and move off, faster than trying to get a mag into a mag pouch. I also use the magnet for empty gun holstered starts, and use the magnet as my first mag to load and go, instead of the mag pouch.

I have only recently upgraded to the cheaper Glock specific CR Speed holster, also from a Bladetech paddle holster. Still use the double mag pouch with added magnet. Its next on list to upgrade, as an extra mag on the belt will be nice, as some stage plans have asked for before, but I managed.

User

RHT sell the complete rig with double belt, holster and 3 mag pouches. Contact them directly. I found that the Wsm give you more and finer angle adjustment options. To change the angle on a mod G you have to change taper wedges. Take a belt which is rather too long, mine overlaps by at least 300mm and that makes it easier.

User

Ok, so I see there's the Model A/G; Model 2000 and WSM 2.

As I understand it, the Model A is meant to be a universal fit; G is glock-specific, WSM 2 is the top-of-the-line with aluminium clip; 2000 is the same as WSM except with a polymer clip instead of aluminium.

Have I got it about right?

User

Glocked has it. In the off chance you have a stage with mags on a table, it makes life easier.

WSM if you can afford it

User

Thought I had replied; but thanks for the info guys.

Figured I'd opt for the WSM with a couple of mag pouches and the wrap-around belt.

My LGS hasn't had stock lately - and I've been lazy - so haven't made the purchase as yet.