Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I live near a one-horse-town in Limpopo. Might not be of much help you down there in Vanderbijl.
    I had several dealings with the 3 ladies (Rentia, Esme & Linda) at Vanderbijlpark dfo office and I must say they have been the best, always knowledgeable, friendly and willing to help.

User

Default Re: License renewal experience

I live near a one-horse-town in Limpopo. Might not be of much help you down there in Vanderbijl.
    If there was a competition for best DFO then im sure both our DFO's would be running for top 10

User

Some feedback:

DFO called me today to notify me that he has managed to capture all the renewal apps today. He had to call someone at CFR to get the "System" sorted out in order to be able to do it.

For what it may be worth, today is 60 days before expiry date.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    If there was a competition for best DFO then im sure both our DFO's would be running for top 10
    Have to agree with you on that

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Botha View Post
    See attached sample.
    Attachment 29883
    Has this actually helped someone in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    Hasn’t worked for me and I stopped adding it to my most recent applications.

User

Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    It will only come into play when (if) you are lodging an appeal, and if you are taking them to court for an irrational refusal. It may even be the final straw that gets you a cost order. Make sure your app is on part to go all the way right from the start. That is what really helps you on the long run. The prior notice form is only a small part of that.

User

It will only come into play when (if) you are lodging an appeal, and if you are taking them to court for an irrational refusal. It may even be the final straw that gets you a cost order. Make sure your app is on part to go all the way right from the start. That is what really helps you on the long run. The prior notice form is only a small part of that.
    This. No harm in including it, just in case.

User

Reviving this thread.

Recently I handed in another license renewal application. DFO was happy with everything. Then a surprise:

Since my last bunch of renewals, he has received a directive that he has to attach an inspection report of ALL my fire arms. (Not just the one being renewed!) A form was provided. So this is why people have been reporting that their DFO wants to inspect their FA on renewal.

I asked whether he wanted me to bring them all to his office. He said something like "Are you mad? It is MY job to go to your house and do the inspection there." I was already picturing myself loading the bakkie full of guns, and I don't have enough cases and bags for all of them...

As anticipated, they are gradually making compliance more and more onerous, under the guise of "fighting crime".

User

As anticipated, they are gradually making compliance more and more onerous, under the guise of "fighting crime".
    Obviously because criminals report to their local DFO annually to check if everything is still in order.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast