Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Firing a Daisy in you yard

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    yeah, my neighbours son had a daisy
    he now bought him a c02 9mm replica and a break neck rifle

my issue isnt that they have a huge yard but choose to shoot right by my fence (freaking my dogs out)

but this ballie has taught this kid ZERO safety.

my fear is that if i do try explain the law, or that i don't mind him shooting with a bit of RULES there will be tension

and honestly I've put up with enough shit not to jump the fence.

Also im a bit sick of this kid shooting birds for no reason, my old man would've made me eat it
    '

so does one speak to the dad, or be the dick and call metro
    Sounds like there already is tension...it's just you're the only one feeling it and your neighbour is oblivious.

User

I built myself a bullet trap out of a carton box, filled with wood shavings and a plank at the back all inside a 250mm deep box. To stop the shavings falling out through the bullet holes I installed a sheet of duvet material. It is light and clean.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Sounds like there already is tension...it's just you're the only one feeling it and your neighbour is oblivious.
    kind of what happens when the IQ is at a certain level though, ignorance is life for some people

sooner or later the kid will shoot himself or his sibling, problem is I have a conscience and would rather that doesnt happen

User

This from here
    https://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/1...n-South-Africa

The FCA verbatim pursuant to airguns:

Amendment of section 1 of Act 60 of 2000

"airgun"
    means any device manufactured to discharge a bullet or any other projectile-

a) of a calibre of less than 5.6mm(.22 calibre);
    or

b) at a muzzle energy of less than 8 joules (6ft-lbs), by means of compressed gas and not by means of burning propellant;

and:

"firearm" means any

a) device manufactured or designed to propel a bullet or projectile through a barrel or cylinder by means of burning propellant, at a muzzle energy exceeding 8 joules (6 ft-lbs);

b) device manufactured or designed to discharge rim-fire, centre-fire or pin-fire ammunition;

c) device which is not at the time capable of discharging any bullet or projectile, but which can be readily altered to be a firearm within the meaning of paragraph (a) or (b);

d) device manufactured to discharge a bullet or any other projectile of a calibre of 5.6mm (.22 calibre) or higher at a muzzle energy of more than 8 joules (6 ft-lbs), by means of compressed gas and not by means of burning propellant; or

e) barrel, frame or receiver of a device referred to in paragraphs (a), (b), (c) or (d), but does not include any device contemplated in section 5;

3. No person may possess a firearm unless he or she holds a licence, permit or authorisation issued in terms of this Act for that firearm.

and:

CHAPTER 16: OFFENCES, PENALTIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE FINES
    (3) It is an offence to—
    (a) cause bodily injury to any person or cause damage to property of any person by negligently using a firearm, an antique firearm or an
    airgun;
    (b) discharge or otherwise handle a firearm, an antique firearm or an
    airgun in a manner likely to injure or endanger the safety or property of any person or with reckless disregard for the safety or property of any person; or
    (c) have control of a loaded firearm, an antique firearm or an airguni n circumstances where it creates a risk to the safety or property of any person and not to take reasonable precautions to avoid the danger.

(4) It is an offence to handle a firearm, an antique firearm or an airgun while under the influence of a substance which has an intoxicating or a narcotic effect.

(5) A person is guilty of an offence if he or she gives control of a firearm, an antique firearm or an airgun to a person whom he or she knows, or ought reasonably to have known—
    (a) to be mentally ill; or
    (b) to be under the influence of a substance which has an intoxicating or a narcotic effect.

(6) It is an offence to point—
    (a) any firearm, an antique firearm or an airgun, whether or not it is loaded or capable of being discharged, at any other person, without good reason to do so; or
    (b) anything which is likely to lead a person to believe that it is a firearm, an antique firearm or an airgun at any other person, without good reason to do so.

(7) It is an offence to discharge a firearm, an antique firearm or an airgun in a built up area or any public place, without good reason to do so.

Chapter 3, Section 5: Devices not firearms for purposes of this Act. For purposes of this Act, the following devices are not regarded as firearms:
    (a) .
    (b) .
    (c) .
    (d) .
    (e) .
    (f)
    an airgun;
    (g) .
    (h) a paintball gun;
    (i) .
    (j) a deactivated firearm; and

NB: Almost every municipality in South Africa has this in their "nuisance" by-laws
    3. Behaviour and conduct
    (1) No person may –
    (s) discharge any fire-arm, airgun or air pistol on any premises except premises or land zoned for agricultural purposes and which does not form part of a general plan for a township.

Non authoritative source for by-laws of major towns and cities in South Africa:Open By-laws South Africa

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    so does one speak to the dad, or be the dick and call metro
    Speak to the dad and try to educate him. If he want's to be a dick about it then call the cops, you did try.

Thanks for the replies.

Take care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2