Default Hunter sentenced to 6 years for mistakenly shooting worker on bushpig hunt

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...enced-20190130

Just saw they handed down sentencing

User

Default Re: Hunter sentenced to 6 years for mistakenly shooting worker on bushpig hunt

He showed no remorse?
    I would be devastated and downright suicidal if I took the life of an innocent human being in similar circumstances.

User

Default Re: Hunter sentenced to 6 years for mistakenly shooting worker on bushpig hunt

As usual, the News24 article is garbage. If that's all you read, it would sound like he was sent to jail because "Hepburn did not show remorse for killing Jan Railo", rather than because he was found guilty of manslaughter, with police commenting that negligence in target identification when hunting won't be tolerated. Once again, I have to wonder why the News24 article is written the way it is - maybe I missed it, but none of the other news articles I've found mention anything about remorse.

Here are two far better articles:
    https://citizen.co.za/news/south-afr...ets-six-years/
    https://maroelamedia.co.za/nuus/sa-n...ker-doodskiet/

User

What a terrible tragedy and condolences to the family. It is one of those examples that makes it easy for GFSA drivel to encourage support for their tyrannical cause.

It also comes as no surprise that General Ledwaba is quick to throw the first stone at civilian FA owners but yet again nothing is being done by SAPS to clean up their own 'glass house' full of FA negligent members. :(

“This sentence should serve as a wake up call to all persons making use of firearms, that any form of negligence will not be tolerated. We also commend the team of investigators, led by Captain Richard Boshomane for leaving no stone unturned,” concluded General Ledwaba.

User

well because news 24 stirs up more racial tension than anyone.

User

You still read news24?

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    You still read news24?

yeah the comments section give one a good feeling of how many demographics truly feel, seriously scroll through them

anyways if the EFF peaks in this upcoming election (in terms of support/ they wont win for now) we have undertaken that we will be leaving, at least we have four years to get affairs in order. unfortunately we have mates who are still in zim holding on for the "change", i dont want to be in that situation should things go further south here

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    yeah the comments section give one a good feeling of how many demographics truly feel, seriously scroll through them

anyways if the EFF peaks in this upcoming election (in terms of support/ they wont win for now) we have undertaken that we will be leaving, at least we have four years to get affairs in order. here
    Considering how far far engulfed the top leadership of the EFF are in the VBS corruption scandal (Mal Enema included) and that fact that 60% of the party's original MP's who were elected in 2014 were expelled from the party, I think their chances of ever winning an election are less than Robert Mugabe winning the Nobel Prize for economics.