Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Rolex Stolen in car-jack - Waterfall / Mall of Africa

Agree that the waiter/ waitress was possibly the point person on this. Something about the one lady that served me that seemed suspicious, we asked for a high chair for the baby and she kind of forgot. Was probably busy making comms...
    Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    i believe that if they directly asked for your watch, and had been tailing you then this is what they wanted.

more than likely a waiter or staff member let them know you had one. There is a HUGE spike in jewelry store robberies, targeting only watches.

sucks but this is how the country is, we met a client who opted to pay his balance in cash, a substantial amount. had to take spare mags for days and be on alert for the full 120km trip home

sorry for your experience, glad nobody was injured

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Do not blame yourself and you DID NOT fail your family because NO ONE got hurt! Things could have gone much much worse.
    Damn those bastards and may God judge them sooner than later.
    Thanks, definitely very grateful and realise it could have been far worse. It's terrible that all that is left is a constant battle between these criminals and their total dis-regard for life and property. Sad.

User

Sorry to hear but glad no harm was done to you and your family

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Sorry for your loss, very sadly expensive watches, cars, jewellery just make you a target. Best to keep a low profile.Not the way it should be I know
    I am sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. My first advice is ro get some form of trauma counselling. At this stage it may seem fine but the experience has long lasting effects some of which only materialise years later. I have been hijacked 2 so I speak from experience.

On both occasions I had my watch stolen. 1 was a high end Seiko and the other a Victorinox watch. As a result I do not currently wear a watch. Everything I need to know is on my cell phone. I cant understand my someone would wear a rolex on a daily basis. Rather keep it for special occasions. I have a long service high end watch inherited from my late father. It lives in my safe. I wont dare take the risk of loosing it.

User

Sorry to hear about this, it’s a shitty experience to go through. Be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a terrible financial and sentimental loss I'm sorry to hear that.

Sent from my CAG-L02 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by D_speck View Post
    Thanks - reward is ZAR 50,000 - Rolex Oyster-GMT Master 16750 I can PM serial no. Although I suppose at this point it's probably fine to post here.
    Attachment 29929
    Inform Rolex South Africa. They will flag the watch as stolen in the event that it ever came in for a service anywhere in the world.

User

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmm View Post
    Inform Rolex South Africa. They will flag the watch as stolen in the event that it ever came in for a service anywhere in the world.
    *good advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2