Thread: Riflesure

User

Default Riflesure

Is this still the go to offering for firearms? My home contents insurer is much more expensive than Riflesure but don’t want to insure with Riflesure if they useless. Any reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Riflesure

You can try switching insurers. My household contents include my firearms. Specified, yes, but they cover enough for a negligible amount.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    You can try switching insurers. My household contents include my firearms. Specified, yes, but they cover enough for a negligible amount.
    Considered that and it is something I’ll look at in tandem. Any recommendations I can look at? I am currently with PSG

User

I mailed Riflesure with a few questions. Didn't really get the info I wanted. But included in the reply they recommended that you also insure your firearms on your household insurance. That gave me pause. Why go through the trouble of insuring with them if I need to insure it under my regular insurance as well? I also dont know if they cover parts breakage? Will go to Wildman and ask when Im around there again. Since you can signup there apparently. What I would like to know is if any one has had any issues claiming from them in the past

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by MANNY82 View Post
    I mailed Riflesure with a few questions. Didn't really get the info I wanted. But included in the reply they recommended that you also insure your firearms on your household insurance. That gave me pause. Why go through the trouble of insuring with them if I need to insure it under my regular insurance as well? I also dont know if they cover parts breakage? Will go to Wildman and ask when Im around there again. Since you can signup there apparently. What I would like to know is if any one has had any issues claiming from them in the past

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, insuring through household defeats the purpose and of course an additional expense. If that the case I’m out. Might as well deal with it via my household insurer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mozee View Post
    Considered that and it is something I’ll look at in tandem. Any recommendations I can look at? I am currently with PSG

I'm working through a broker, insured at Sanlam IIRC. I pay R253 for R350k home content cover, including my firearms. Does not include my SD gun or other things I remove from the house though, that got expensive fast.

User

Hi all. I used to work for the purple insurance company. Insure your firearms on your all risk insurance as specified items. Not what you bought it for. But replacement cost. That is the absolute best insurance. Very few, but very specific exclusions. Read your policy properly. And follow exactly what is said. Don't leave your rifle on the back seat in an unlocked car. If there is no visible sign of a break in you are not covered.