Default Aimpoint ACRO at Shot Show

Aimpoint’s overview:

The Aimpoint® Acro P-1 is developed for use on pistols and other weapon platforms requiring a small enclosed red dot system. It is the only sight in its size category fully tested for shock, vibration, temperature span and other environmental stress.
    The Acro P-1 is the smallest enclosed system on the market.
    Tested with 20,000 rounds on a .40 cal pistol slide, this small optic has proven to lead in ruggedness and reliability in its category. The Acro P-1 can be used as a backup sight for magnifying scopes, personal defense weapons, and any area where a small red dot system is applicable.

Here’s some pics of the new Aimpoint mounted, showing both cowitness and where mounted with regular sights in place.

Personally I think I prefer the RMR style sights on a pistol to this, which looks a little bulky to me. Saying that, being an Aimpoint, it’ll be good at what it’s supposed to do.

User

Default Re: Aimpoint ACRO at Shot Show

This will be a game changer.

I think Trijicon will have to raise their game to be competitive.

User

If it turns out to be rugged, as Aimpoint’s always are, and no failures, this will sell very well.

Personally, one of the reasons I haven’t gone the red dot on the pistol is it’s a big outlay for something that could have a life span of 20000 rounds or 1000 rounds. Hopefully this will make other manufacturers, as BigT said, decrease the failure rate in the pistol optics segment. I would rather have a bulky sight that I trust than one that has a slim profile and chance of failure in a competition or SD situation

Thanks for the extra look Craig

User

I have a feeling the tube shape will have some indexing advantages too