Default 1957 Anschutz .22 Hornet

How’s it guys?

I believe I have a 1957 Anshultz 22 hornet.

I am not a collector and bought it to teach my kids how to shoot. Could possibly be looking to sell it to purchase a low recoil hunting caliber as a step up for the kids.

Would anyone perhaps be able to suggest a value for the rifle?

Regards

Patch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 03-02-2019 at 20:31.

User

Default Re: 1957 Anshultz 22 hornet

From that picture alone it would be hard to estimate the value. A few more pics of the rest of the rifle would help. A detailed description of bore condition even more.

Not sure about the collectability of older Anschutz rifles. I think they are just good quality rifles.

Check for a small number under the antler stamp. That would be a definite proofing date.

How’s it A-R

Thanks for the reply. Yes sir the rifle is 62 years old I presume. Only been with me for 2 or 3. Unfortunately not in great condition but yeah. Hopefully these pics can be of some assistance. Can’t comenent on the bore. Shoots well and stays clean tho.

Under the antler there looks like a tiny number 4.

Hopefully this can be of some assistance.

Regards

Patch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry A-R

Also meant to say that I don’t know what year or model, just from what I have managed to find on the net the 257 means:

First digit is month feb

Second and third digits indicate year

Great little shooter although I have some reservations as to the caliber apparently pre 1970 is 223 not 224.

I have only recently looked more deeply into year and model as I broke the extractor claw. I am onto a replacement although they are very scarce.

Patch

User

Default Re: 1957 Anschutz .22 Hornet

Good info that. Date sounds feasable.

In the condition pictured, I would say it's worth around R4-5k.

Does it shoot well with normal shop-bought ammo, without the cases getting stuck? If so, it is likely a .224" barrel. Slugging it is a good way to be sure. A competent gunsmith may be of help to get it slugged.

Thanks for your input A-R,

yeah shoots fine with factory ammo s&b anyway.