Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Will a 410 be worth it ?

Good day

So a colleague's Father has a Stevens 22-410 Combo and Star FR he no longer wants as he is old and does not use these anymore. He offered me the Stevens for free. Although tempting, I have my doubts as 410 ammo is R340 for 25 in my valley. I own a 12br Remington 870 and .22 Bolt action. My 7 year old son is struggling to use the Remington at this moment in time, but I'm sure he'll 'grow' into it in the near future. The Stevens combo rifle is 'heavy' and my son struggled to hold it yesterday. So although the recoil will be considerably less, it's useless as the weight of the firearm is the factor at the moment.

It may seem that my mind's made up, but I really 'Like to have' this firearm. Perhaps an emotional response when I saw the expression on my boy's face when he heard we can have it for free

Your valuable advice please

User

Default Re: Will a 410 be worth it ?

I think you have made your decision :-)

Firearms are like razors, Gillette could give razors away for free, and still make a killing off the razor blades sold afterwards. Same with guns and ammo

Good example ! Thanks P !

User

I have a SxS 410. My children enjoy it a lot. Plus, with the speed at which the cfr is currently operating your son will have grown into it by the time you get the card in your hand :)
    For ammo you can speak to Lynette @ Tac Shac. I recall their prices being much better than what you mentioned.

Thanks

User

410 might also be one of the few shotguns worth reloading for.
    The 410 could be a great teaching tool for your son.

True. I assist him with the Rem. But the Shotgun has to be supported on a rest. He really loves the idea of Clays but can't do it atm.

If you do not take the Stevens combo, I'll be interested in it. Obviously, I do not expect it to be free.

User

Yes worth it. 410 is a very capable shotgun and your kid will have very many enjoyable days with it i promise you that.

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    If you do not take the Stevens combo, I'll be interested in it. Obviously, I do not expect it to be free.
    I will convey this message T. Firearm is in Ermelo Mpumalanga.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast