Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Advice WILDMAN gone wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You just can't take possession until your licence TO POSSESS is granted by the state.
    Isn't it on this point that the Consumer Board can help to change the FCA

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I must be buying at the correct shops then. As so far I never been told that if not approved it would be on me to resell it. I will if given a form like this to enter into a contract like this not sign it.

You can only legally own a firearm if you have a valid license for it. So if your not approved you can not be the legal owner of it.

Example. After refusal. Take the serial nr. Have CFR tell you who the legal owner is. It will be the Firearm shop. So your not the owner. Therefor exactly why do you need to resell it on there behalf as it still belongs to them.
    You legally own it but cannot legally take possession of it. The fuckup is you own it but it’s not registered in your name till the license is approved.

User

Conventionally that would be true... but in SA the firearms regime forces a modification of this fundamental concept.

You entirely own the firearm once you contract for and pay in full for it. It is yours. You can have gunsmithing done on it, you can shoot it (if the shop has a facility for this), you can on-sell it. You just can't take possession until your licence TO POSSESS is granted by the state.
    I went looking for you today but found your wife again instead. She handled me again, very well :)>. I am sure she will tell you all about it if you make her a nice cup of coffee and rub her feet, etc. The short story is she will find a CZ Scorpion for me to buy. Only from her - I will still stick to my guns about other shops and releasing on paperwork.
    Perhaps we will meet next time. I am definitely going to take the nice lady up on her invite to drop' by for coffee.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    I went looking for you today but found your wife again instead. She handled me again, very well :)>. I am sure she will tell you all about it if you make her a nice cup of coffee and rub her feet, etc. The short story is she will find a CZ Scorpion for me to buy. Only from her - I will still stick to my guns about other shops and releasing on paperwork.
    Perhaps we will meet next time. I am definitely going to take the nice lady up on her invite to drop' by for coffee.
    Sorry to have missed you.

As you probably saw I was 5m away, locked in deep discussion (plotting a wonderful pre-emptive action for GOSA).
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Sorry to have missed you.

As you probably saw I was 5m away, locked in deep discussion (plotting a wonderful pre-emptive action for GOSA).
    5m Away, looking busy, and guarded by that black muscled thing looking like a dog. I will definitely catch you in the future. Your wife took the thought I had yesterday as I was driving home and turned it into something real and meaningful today. Please give her a big thank you hug on my behalf.

User

Duplicate post refusing to be deleted

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    5m Away, looking busy, and guarded by that black muscled thing looking like a dog. I will definitely catch you in the future. Your wife took the thought I had yesterday as I was driving home and turned it into something real and meaningful today. Please give her a big thank you hug on my behalf.
    The "Fighting Spirit" award is going to be massive. It is exactly the right message to carry the #VictimNoLonger message forward. Thank you.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

To the vaal members.
    Just been thinking about this thread as i drove past there the other day.
    Contemplating if i should go back there to fit a silencer. I have been holding on to this silencer for well over a year now, just cant get myself to leave my rifle at a gunshop, And not know how long they going to take. And if they going to stuff it up.
    Should i rather just go to joburg?
    Ive never dealt with any of the vaal store's re: gunwork. Ive only bought ammo, and none of them have really won me over..
    I got trust issues

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by NIBOR View Post
    To the vaal members.
    Contemplating if i should go back there to fit a silencer. I have been holding on to this silencer for well over a year now, just cant get myself to leave my rifle at a gunshop, And not know how long they going to take. And if they going to stuff it up.
    Ive never dealt with any of the vaal store's re: gunwork. Ive only bought ammo, and none of them have really won me over..
    I got trust issues

I've gone to a few there in the vaal... No thanks hey.
    Pretoria is an hours drive and there are many well known smith's this side.

User

Quote Originally Posted by NIBOR View Post
    To the vaal members.
    I got trust issues

I have dealt with Greg and Connie at Hunting and Outdoors and never had any problems there. Greg is a very competent gunsmith but don't in too much of a hurry, as it might take some time. He is quite busy, maybe he cleared the backlog during lockdown.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast