Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Advice WILDMAN gone wrong....

Any update on this, did you guys manage get your guns transferred to other delaers? Did Wildman HO assist you in any way?

User

I'm wondering why there isn't a fidelity fund or insurance of sorts for cases like this. To protect both dealer and customer.

In the South African context of dealing in and licensing of firearms, the financial and legal reality is that it's an arduous and unnecessarily complicated process.
    It's also turned it into a highly personal interaction between the customer, dealer and the object to be licensed, seeing that the firearm carries a price tag and a particular serial which must appear on that license before acquiring possession.
    The chain of events can easily be disrupted, like when CFR does the 350 stunt.

Over the years (dating myself lol) I've come to realize that quality of service beats lowest price, but I've been in gunshops often enough to watch the dynamics play out between potential customers and dealers. I won't say that all dealers have fair prices but most of the "window shopper" type customers I've seen don't understand the realities behind the pricing , they would rather listen to their poorly informed buddies and do a 70km round trip to save a hundred bucks.

Then you do get the over-eager (unscrupulous) dealer who would try and sell you the most unsuitable piece of equipment, simply to get a sale or get rid of crap. I remember in my newbie days, I was offered Lorcin which were at the bottom end of the price range. I still get this kind of tactic, and surly attitude from sales people when you don't bite.

Edit: having some tech issues; this post also meant as a reply to the main thread

User

Someone I know has the details of the people to contact should you have been f... over by this lot. I can get the details and post here should anybody need them

User

I have to revive this thread because I drove past Wildman Vanderbijlpark today and they are re-opening (new owners) on 01/10/2019. Hopefully it goes better than the previous round...

User

As far as I know/heard, Its being re opened by wildman Ermelo, one of the old staff members will be in charge

User

I will probably pop in there at least once to see what they are like. Unless they impress me a lot Greg and Hennie will still get all my local business.

Banned

Best of wishes and lots of luck. If they do it right they will get support. If they do it wrong, my guess is that the game is over for the Wildman franchise in that area.

User

oh cool!

Does that mean I can un-write-off the written-off invoices?
    Is that even a thing?

Or was it tag you're it, quitsies, no anti quitsies, no startsies, no touch backs, no do-overs, no erasies, and the wholes store is home free?

I'm still it, aren't I?

frack.

Quote Originally Posted by Imo_P07 View Post
    As far as I know/heard, Its being re opened by wildman Ermelo, one of the old staff members will be in charge
    I heard that it's being re opened by a Wildman in PTA. Not sure though.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    I will probably pop in there at least once to see what they are like. Unless they impress me a lot Greg and Hennie will still get all my local business.
    this, Greg and his wife are awesome, but the other older guy there is rude and unhelpful.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast