Default Beretta A300 vs Franchi Affinity

Hi Guys,

New to the Shotgun world and I was looking to get one that will be kind of a good all round. I have tried to read as much as I can and to me it seems to come down to these 2.

It will mostly be used for target shooting, once in a while bird shooting (doves and quine-fowl), maybe pig hunting and then maybe as a carry gun when going outside on the farm late at night.

I see they are more or less in the same price range second hand as well.

Which would you recommend and why.

Thanking you in advance.

User

Default Re: Beretta A300 vs Franchi Affinity

I have a Beretta A300, and while I really like it, it is an old gun / design and not comprable to the Franchi Affinity - are you sure that you got the models right?

If you did, go for the Franchi.

Banned

Maybe he's thinking about the Beretta 300 outlander

User

I own two Affinity’s and owned an A300 Outlander. Quality wise they are the same. Biggest difference is the A300 is gas operated and the Affinity is inertia operated. Everything else being equal the Affinity has more recoil. I sold my A300 because it didnt fit me well at all while my Affinity’s fit perfectly. If the A300 fit I would still have it.

Thank you guys.

Visited a gun shop today and saw the Armelegant Semi Auto which I think was 7+1 for R5000 new. I can't find much on the net except it is Turks and guys having the pump version with 1000+ through it without any issues.

Any recommendation? Do you buy a old A300 with less rounds for tbe same price or new Armelegant?

Thank you

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meester50 View Post
    Thank you guys.

Visited a gun shop today and saw the Armelegant Semi Auto which I think was 7+1 for R5000 new. I can't find much on the net except it is Turks and guys having the pump version with 1000+ through it without any issues.

Any recommendation? Do you buy a old A300 with less rounds for tbe same price or new Armelegant?

Thank you
    If you can't save up and wait a bit longer for a new Beretta or Franchi, then take the second hand Beretta A300. It's probably not a good use of your money if you haven't heard about the Armelegant brand before you walked into the shop. Cheap has a way of not being so cheap later.

User

What’s your budget? I may have a Beretta Extremela A391 for a bargain, in comparison to what it should go for. PM me if you keen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take a used Beretta, Winchester or Remington over the new Turkish shotgun but that is just me.

User

I also have an Old A300, really would recommend it,

only down side if any, its a bit more complex to extend the magazine if required then with an inertia type where you just screw the new mag on,
    other thing is sometimes when loading the the round your thumb gets pinched

Thank you all for all the advice and replies.

I got hold of a New 1301 at a very good price and bought it .
    Now it has been 3 months later and I'm still waiting for it to show on Dealer Stok