Smile New Dedicated status and needing some advise.

hello Everyone,

i have recently achieved dedicated status (both Sport and Hunter).

the question i have is with regard to licensing of a firearm.

i have a 30-06 and i am wanting to buy a 308 (to finally put this debate to rest - yes you all know which debate i am referring to, and for those clever people i also have a 6.5).

here are the questions:
    1. how would i motivate for the 308 when i already own a 06?
    2. are there different sections for dedicated Sport, and Dedicated Hunter status?
    3. which of these sections would be the best/easiest/most likely to succeed) for the motivation?

any advice would be welcome...

User

Default Re: New Dedicated status and needing some advise.

The 30-06 can launch a much heavier bullet at higher velocities than the 308. Problem solved.
    This implies that you can safely hunt bigger game with the 30-06 when compared to the 308
    Using a heavier bullet usually causes less meat damage to game. Another possible motivation point.

User

I assume your 30-06 is on section 15? Motivate the .308 on section 16 for target shooting sports. There's nothing stopping you using the .308 for hunting too.

Section 16 is for dedicated sports or hunting. Your motivation will dictate which one.

Sports vs hunting... Whichever you find easier to motivate with supporting documentation.

User

Default Re: New Dedicated status and needing some advise.

One rifle is set up for hunting

One rifle is set up for target shooting

Point out differences such as: scope magnification range, reticule, external turrets, target stock, barrel weight, barrel length, action type & available accessories for that action, bullet type & weight etc..........

Once you have an 08, the '-06 becomes superfluous anyway. The .308 does the same job with less powder, less recoil and potentially in a more compact rifle.