User

Default Reliable Firearms dealers

Oh the gods are cruel. I received notice from the SAPS that my competency certificate has been approved, a day after the dealer I bought from, Wankman, went belly up in Vanderbijlpark (which is discussed in detail on another thread on this forum).

Does anyone have advice on a reliable dealer in the Vaal, or should I look to Dave Sheer or Safari & Outdoor for my needs?

User

Default Re: Reliable Firearms dealers

VOS Gunshop in Vereeniging are very good. Friendly, reliable and good service... But hey I would also be scared about trusting gunshops after what happened to you. ( I bought a gun from SO the other day)
    If I may, what did you buy from wankman?

Why not try Sons of guns in Parys. I've bought two firearms from them in the last two years and best part, I could shoot it at his range for free while I waited for the license to be approved.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Beitel View Post
    Why not try Sons of guns in Parys. I've bought two firearms from them in the last two years and best part, I could shoot it at his range for free while I waited for the license to be approved.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    +1

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    VOS Gunshop in Vereeniging are very good. Friendly, reliable and good service... But hey I would also be scared about trusting gunshops after what happened to you. ( I bought a gun from SO the other day)
    If I may, what did you buy from wankman?
    A Glock 19 Gen 5.

Vos in vereeniging. I have been dealing with them for a few years and not a single problem.

User

Greg Gardin will order for you if you have something specific in mind. No issues to date.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    A Glock 19 Gen 5.
    That sucks man, I hope you get to recover the money!
    Go past VOS (Vaal outdoor sport) in 3 Rivers and speak to Chris, Good people and good service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A business can do reliable business for many years, build a good name, friendly service, etc. Sometimes situations beyond the control of the owner of the business can lead to the demise of the business. It is always a sad day for a number of people.
    I am not talking about situations where customers are deliberately defrauded. I remember a number of years ago when the new F/A Act was introduced several gun shops, gunsmiths and related businesses closed their doors.