Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Ramaphosa: NHI Bill to come before Parliament soon

If the government were serious about healthcare in the country then the private sector ( not huge ones we familiar with ) are ever ready to open hospitals but licenses will not be granted by the ruling party.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

They are not wrong. The state is punishing the private sector for their abysmal running of state healthcare.

It’s not the fault of private sector or those that pay medical aid that only16% of the population have access to quality private healthcare. Hiding behind “equity forge poor” and this fabricated injustice to take control of the private sector is part of the NDR. Business needs to grow a backbone and say fuck the state, NMFP if the state is dysfunctional. This will destroy the private sector in short time.
    Last edited by CorditeCrazy; 14-07-2019 at 08:44.

The middle class are being milked dry like never before. Around every corner the government is finding some new bill to tax the "wealthy" and give to the poor. There's even a proposal for a bill to give a further 50% off for electricity purchases in townships to reduce their reliability on fossil fuels. Karl Marx is probably partying in his grave.
    Having worked in a private hospital, the situation is incredibly dire. Frequently corpses are mismanaged right in front of waiting patients. Even basic medications are lacking in some state hospitals. At the specific one that I worked, they ran out of Panado's, but had an entire store room stacked with anti-retro virals, which I have to add was eventually destroyed because of a bathroom overflowing onto the entire stock.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tant View Post
    The middle class are being milked dry like never before. Around every corner the government is finding some new bill to tax the "wealthy" and give to the poor. There's even a proposal for a bill to give a further 50% off for electricity purchases in townships to reduce their reliability on fossil fuels. Karl Marx is probably partying in his grave.
    Having worked in a private hospital, the situation is incredibly dire. Frequently corpses are mismanaged right in front of waiting patients. Even basic medications are lacking in some state hospitals. At the specific one that I worked, they ran out of Panado's, but had an entire store room stacked with anti-retro virals, which I have to add was eventually destroyed because of a bathroom overflowing onto the entire stock.
    That sounds rather dire.

I am in private sector. The notes given to patients from state hospitals for medicines that are out of stock are on the increase. These notes eventually end up in private to be dispensed. For the patients account.

User

Quote Originally Posted by krobar View Post
    Que the departure of all doctors, nurses and medics to other countries
    Thats why I have already left! Only those to lazy, stupid or clueless health professionals will stay behind.

Solidarity said the NHI will lead to 200 000 job losses in the private health sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Thats why I have already left! Only those to lazy, stupid or clueless health professionals will stay behind.
    I feel your pain, and understand your frustrations. But your post is a little unfair. I know many dedicated medical professionals who are working who are neither clueless, lazy or stupid. Just dedicated and with a burning desire to maintain their lifestyle in SA and contribute to its possible success. It should also be noted that they all have nothing good to say about the NHI.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I feel your pain, and understand your frustrations. But your post is a little unfair. I know many dedicated medical professionals who are working who are neither clueless, lazy or stupid. Just dedicated and with a burning desire to maintain their lifestyle in SA and contribute to its possible success. It should also be noted that they all have nothing good to say about the NHI.
    I think he meant that if things were left to continue as is, that those types would be all that is left, and not that the current medical workforce is wholly incompetent.

There is collusion within medical aid , drug companies, hospital groups .
    Whether you like it or not people requiring healthcare in RSA get an enema one way or the other.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast