Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Magpul Pmag 12 GL9

Hi All

I had a look at a Pmag for the glock 26. Looks very nice. I especially like the reduced length and nice profile of 12rd mag vs the Glock factory mag.

The interwebs of full Glock Pamag reviews that range from disaster through to the best thing ever. Many of the disaster type tales are from before a recall in 2015ish.

Questions

Anyone have any experience with the 12 rounder? If so how did go?
    Anyone have any experience with the other magazines for the compact and fullsize?

Thanks, Ikhwane

User

Default Re: Magpul Pmag 12 GL9

Ok so ive run the 17 rounders a bit and the feed lips are wearing on the one after a couple thousand rounds,

They have been very reliable though and i use them as my EDC mags for the simple reason that i find they dont rattle, i'm weird like that,

Id buy Glock mags over them though because they are not that much cheaper,

User

I also researched them since they seem more compact than the OEM 12rd mags, plus you can get a better grip on them for clearing double feeds.

But I found the same horror stories about Pmags, even though all the reviews say the 12 round G26 ones work fine.

I chose to stick with the Glock OEM magazines so I didn't have to worry about reliability and because the OEM ones are metal lined so no worries about feed lip issues or magazine swelling.

User

Are these significantly cheaper (40%) than buying OEM mags from you LGS? IF NOT, then not worth it

User

They do come on special from time to time, being reasonably cheaper than OEM. I carry with OEM but had no issues with pmags for range use. If OEM was not available I would not mind carrying them, but Glock mags are available every where and not exactly expensive..

I actually have no issue with the cost. I prefer the 10 rounder with a modest pachmayer extension (+0) but sometimes a 12 rounder could make sense and superficially the design of the pmag 12rd appears better than the OEM. If they are unreliable I would go with the OEM 12 rounder.

Having said that, a quick scan of online prices reveals a ZAR150 to 190 price difference. That's significant if the product is reliable.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post
    I actually have no issue with the cost. I prefer the 10 rounder with a modest pachmayer extension (+0) but sometimes a 12 rounder could make sense and superficially the design of the pmag 12rd appears better than the OEM. If they are unreliable I would go with the OEM 12 rounder.

Having said that, a quick scan of online prices reveals a ZAR150 to 190 price difference. That's significant if the product is reliable.
    No its not, espeasially if they end up needing to be replaced a lot sooner than the OEM mags.

To me, a shorter service life (assuming equal function) would be the only time that the lower price might not be significant. I don't like paying more for no reason. But each to their own.

But my real question is around function/reliability without that price is a bit irrelevant.

User

Function wise I have had no issues even with them getting really dirty and sandy.

I will give a couple a bash. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    Function wise I have had no issues even with them getting really dirty and sandy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast