User

Default Counter strike.... Protest

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/top-gauteng-official-placed-on-leave-over-r550m-william-nicol-tender-19235000

These little piggies don't seem to understand that if you take too much there will be none left.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/malema-assaulted-female-officer-at-sona-reports-20190211

This little piggy doesn't care about anything except power.

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news-fast-news/num-union-tells-ramaphosa-to-scrap-eskom-split-plan/

And these piggies don't seem to understand. No economy = no work = no monthly union contribution.
    Apparently 40% of the Eskom workforce is unproductive and in many cases literally do no work or meaningful work, yet they draw salaries bigger than mine and I've had to lay off the long serving members of my family business till I can find a contact or two to scrape some pay together for them - men who have worked 18 hour shifts to meet deadlines, yet these useless fucking leeches bleet about their "jobs" and don't see their peccancy.

I'm sick of it.

If numsa protests is anybody out there willing to counter protest? Me, concerned citizens, the tired, the gatvol the fading, yet hopefully of society.

Or do continue the fine South African tradition of complaint with no action?

Thoughts?

User

Default Re: Counter strike.... Protest

I mean how does one organise a protest?

Just tongue in cheek though but you’ll most likely be called a racist for organizing any kind of protest of this kind. That seems to be the quickest resolve these days if anything goes against that what does not make any economical or ethical sense or threatens an important or politically protected/connected someone’s gravy train mentality.

These days people somehow believe it’s a right to earn a salary whether you actually do any related work for it or not

I have seen first hand how unions can f*ckup everything for everyone in the automotive industry. Striking, loss of production and intimidation have resulted in supply contracts being reduce or even cut outright as international clients would rather move operations to countries with more stable work forces and political climates. The union 'leaders' care do not car about anyone other than themselves.

User

Sorry for the thread derail...but was I the only one wondering if this was about the IEM Katowice CS GO Major starting this week? Derail over.

To the OP point, I dont know what the workable solution is, but its a mess and on the face of it doesn't seem to be getting better.

User

at some point one has to accept the mentality we face in south africa

what was that international study on IQ again?

its NEVER going to get better, and in all honesty it probably hasnt gotten worse JUST MORE UNCOVERED AND EXPOSED

User

my question was and is (with no answer) when we all close up our small family businesses will the EFF etc take on our employees who are suddenly jobless?

maybe hunger is the reality we need as a country because there seems to be an attitude of "it wont be that bad", people dont realise how quick it can get VERY bad

i just spend a few hundred bucks a month on storage food, if i dont need it, i eat it camping, if we dont camp prior to close expiry we give it to the homeless

I have decided to do my own strike. Basically it means weaning myself off Eskom, doing business in other African countries and only hiring employees as last resort. Not ideal but I simply do not have an answer for the level of stupidity in this country.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    I have decided to do my own strike. Basically it means weaning myself off Eskom, doing business in other African countries and only hiring employees as last resort. Not ideal but I simply do not have an answer for the level of stupidity in this country.

agreed. if it was easy enough to pack up and start elsewhere, i dont think many would stay
    i just cant imagine having to rent from someone for three years to get residency, would do my head in