User

Default Western Cape firearms festival

Quick question on the festival this weekend. Does the entry fee cover the shooting of firearms as well? If not what will the cost be? I am specifically asking regarding the .50 cal . If I read the ad correctly it says .22 - .50 cal.

Thanks.

User

Default Re: Western Cape firearms festival

Quote Originally Posted by hunter270 View Post
    Quick question on the festival this weekend. Does the entry fee cover the shooting of firearms as well? If not what will the cost be? I am specifically asking regarding the .50 cal . If I read the ad correctly it says .22 - .50 cal.

Thanks.
    Nope, the shooting is extra.

.50 is R200 or R250 a bang, I cannot recall which

User

Cool, also meaning no meat for the weekend braai .

User

This is the ad I got. I've forwarded the message to a local radio station Perron FM, to put on their events calendar.

"GOSA is proud to announce the Western Cape Firearms Festival.

The WCFF is a 2-day event being held on the 16th & 17th February 2019 at the False Bay Sports Shooting Club, Glencairn, Cape Town.

This event showcases products and vendors where firearms enthusiasts, and people who have never fired a firearms before can try the latest and greatest guns and gear from all over the world, with multiple gun bays with well known firearms vendors and accessory retailers, the Firearms Festival expects , between 800 and 1000 firearms enthusiasts and novices per day, dedicated firearms demonstration, shooting your favorite firearms like AK 47s, 9mm pistols, shotguns, AR15s, and even a 50 caliber snipers rifle!

Food stands are available, world-class ablution, as well as emergency and security services, will be on site.

Come and enjoy a fantastic day of shooting fun in a safe environment in one of the most beautiful setting in Cape Town!

Entrance is R130 for adults, seniors over 65 and children under 16 are R100. Entrance fee includes a GOSA Ordinary membership for 1 year!

GOSA members pay only R70 entrance fee!

Safety equipment will be provided if you have your own hearing and eye protection you're welcome to bring that along too.

Safety equipment will be provided if you have your own hearing and eye protection you're welcome to bring that along too.

Please be aware that as there are firearms being discharged, that some children may be frightened, so we do ask parents to use discretion when bring children. Please note that everyone must have eye and ear protection on at all times at the ranges as this is for your own safety.

See you there! "

User

So what are the costs to shoot for example an AR-15? Shotgun?

I am planning to attend and I have invited a friend who is keen to shoot as many firearms as possible.

User

Cost to shoot varied by the stand at the Gauteng Festival.

There was a good deal on 9mmP P80 and ARs in 5.56, .300 and .458 plus a boerewors roll

User

Will it be possible for the GOSA team or someone in the know to post prices on the different shooting taking place.

Some mates want to join me but they all want pricing for shooting.

User

Quote Originally Posted by hunter270 View Post
    Will it be possible for the GOSA team or someone in the know to post prices on the different shooting taking place.

Some mates want to join me but they all want pricing for shooting.
    I second this, I'm in the same predicament!

Is there going to be a Firearms Festival for Gauteng and when will it take place?
    Any details will be appreciated.