Default License Card not issued yet: Best arrangement when transporting f/ arm

The renewal of my firearm license was approved but I am waiting for the card. No SMS received but the local SAPS confirmed verbally that the system indicates that the license was approved.
    I need to travel with the f/arm but the old license has now expired. I asked the local "officer" at the SAPS and she told me to carry the invoice of the payment when I applied for the license as proof of the application with me. According to her, this will be acceptable as "proof"
    My question is how will the SAPS deal with this matter if I am stopped and asked to produce the license for the f/arm
    The invoice just indicates that I applied not that the application was approved. Is there any other way I can obtain some form of document to show that the application was approved?

User

Default Re: License Card not issued yet: Best arrangement when transporting f/ arm

I carried my SD firearm with an expired license while I waited for the printing of the renewal card. I was happy to be out in public as I knew the system would show I had relicsnsed it and it was approved.

I leave it up to you and possible suggestions from others on the forum.

User

Default Re: License Card not issued yet: Best arrangement when transporting f/ arm

Quote Originally Posted by knipmes View Post
    I asked the local "officer" at the SAPS and she told me to carry the invoice of the payment when I applied for the license as proof of the application with me. According to her, this will be acceptable as "proof"
    This is sufficient

Banned

We heard the same from the DFO office in Potchefstroom: carry the payment slip.

User

Your licence remains valid until the decision of the renewal. Carry the slip as proof that you have applied.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies so far. I shall carry a copy of the receipt with me just in case. My biggest concern is when you are stopped at a roadblock. The officers (SAPS or Metro Police) do not have access to the information on the F/A systems. I am doubtful whether they are well informed regarding these procedures. I suppose I shall have to deal with the issue when it arises.