Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default 2x28 Handgun Scope advice

I am looking for a 2x28 handgun scope with a long eye relief to mount on a 22LR surpressed Ruger pistol. Lynx used to make such a scope many years ago, but I can't find anthing for sale in SA. I don't want to spend a lot I just need a functonal handgun scope that will work on a .22. Any ideas or advice will be appreciated

Banned

Default Re: 2x28 Handgun Scope advice

Is there a good reason to fix a scope?

Are open sights not accurate enough?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Is there a good reason to fix a scope?

Are open sights not accurate enough?
    I'm guessing the suppressor would interfere with the front sight on the pistol because the suppressor is taller than the front sight. Or maybe the front sight had to be removed completely in order to fit the suppressor.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
    I am looking for a 2x28 handgun scope with a long eye relief to mount on a 22LR surpressed Ruger pistol. Lynx used to make such a scope many years ago, but I can't find anthing for sale in SA. I don't want to spend a lot I just need a functonal handgun scope that will work on a .22. Any ideas or advice will be appreciated
    I was also on the lookout for one, but changed my mind.

Long eye relief scopes come up for sale from time to time but you might have to wait a while and they go fast when they come up. I have seen them advertised on Gun Africa and they have also come up on Classic Arms auctions occasionally. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will respond to this thread with one for sale. If you're thinking of a 2x scope, I'm guessing that high magnification is not a requirement so one alternative would be some sort of red dot or reflex sight which doesn't have any magnification. On a suppressed .22 you would probably get away with a cheap one as recoil won't be an issue. At the budget end are Nikko Stirlings, for example, which can be had for around R600. Maybe also worth looking at some of the equipment that gets used for Airsoft.

User

Most of the Ruger 22 pistols have the sights high enough to be useable with a supressor. You might have to modify or move the front sight, when cutting the thread on the barrel though.

A red dot sight in one of the various configurations should also be a viable option. If accuracy on small targets is important, get one with a smaller dot, maybe around 2-3 MOA. I find an RDS much more user-friendly that a LER scope on a handgun.

User

Thanks guys, problem is it is a old Ruger Standard and I will lose the front sight when threading for a silencer as it is the normal model and not the one with the bull barrel where you can just move the sight back. I would lve to have open sights on a surpressed 22 pistol but unfortunately it is not possible unless you have some other advice. I don't like red dots and I have shot a friends High Standard with a Lynx 2x28 and it worked great.

User

Not quite what you're after but here goes anyway.......

https://www.jaracal.com/viewtopic.ph...096b15d5d168b9

User

Hey Munchie, where are you based?

I have one of these that I picked up a while ago just because and have never used. It has some ring marks but is otherwise in good condition.
    You are welcome to it but here is the catch: it is in NZ.

Now my parents arrive for a 3 month visit next weekend, I am happy to send it back with them but that will only be end of May and they will be in the Durban area.

Let me know if you are in not so much of a rush and we can sort something out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Hi Spudatack that will be great thanks for letting me know, I am not in a hurry so I am willing t wait. I am on a farm on the west coast but we can sort something out, I will cover the shipping ad everything else. Thanks a lot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast