Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: 2x28 Handgun Scope advice

No worries, will send back with them and we can work it out once it’s in SA.
    Will let you know when they head back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Thanks a lot my e mail is conrad@genesisafricansafaris.com pop me a mail and I'll send my details.

If there is a Burris dealer look at their 2x20 handgun scope, smaller objective makes for less potential hassle with sights. I used one a .44 and a .480 and it held zero without issue. However, I sold it as a 'traditional' type scope is limiting on a handgun for me, I prefer red dot sight, like a Vortex Venom. I had a red dot on my wife's Ruger 22/45 pistol using the rail that comes with it. If you want a scope though, the Burris 2x20 is very good value for money.

User

Quote Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
    If there is a Burris dealer look at their 2x20 handgun scope, smaller objective makes for less potential hassle with sights. I used one a .44 and a .480 and it held zero without issue. However, I sold it as a 'traditional' type scope is limiting on a handgun for me, I prefer red dot sight, like a Vortex Venom. I had a red dot on my wife's Ruger 22/45 pistol using the rail that comes with it. If you want a scope though, the Burris 2x20 is very good value for money.
    AFAIK the local Burris agents are the guys who think after sales service is a four-letter word. You are unlikely to get one out of them, and if it ever fails you are unlikely to get service.

User

Default 2x28 Handgun Scope advice

Quote Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
    Hi Spudatack that will be great thanks for letting me know, I am not in a hurry so I am willing t wait. I am on a farm on the west coast but we can sort something out, I will cover the shipping ad everything else. Thanks a lot
    Hey @Munchie

Just said farewell to the folks, they are heading back tomorrow, they have the scope with them.

Hopefully it won’t be confiscated by customs

Let me know where to courier it at marcwjames@gmail.com and will get it to you

Cheers

Marc

Banned

Bloody hard to believe that there is a guy in New Zealand that is willing to help out a guy in RSA that he never met.
    There be hope for the world yet, but they all appear to be armed.
    Smoke that in your pipe ye anti gun twats.

User

Hi Spudattack thanks for the effort and for sending the scope back with your folks. I bet its tough living so far appart from each other. But many thanks for helping a fellow shooter out, if you are ever on the West Coats of SA in the future, you can visit me and hunt a springbok and a few pigs or duiker with me as thanks for the favour.

User

All good Munchie

Just glad it will be put to use
    Appreciate the offer, will definitely look you up if I am over that way!

Cheers
    spud

User

Burris, Vortex and Leupold make this type of long eye relief scout scope but its impossible to get them in SA because the service here just sucks.
    I ended up going to the states and bringing one back.

User

Guys Spudattack's brother posted me the Lynx scope from KZN yesterday, they did not even want me to pay the postage, I must say I am overwhelmed by the generosity and a fellow shooter from NZ going through so much effort to help me out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2