Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gun on a beach

User

Default Re: Gun on a beach

Quote Originally Posted by MRJT View Post
    Its a bit of a joke really, but you would be an easy target if you were caught in possession and prosecuted under bylaws. Here in Dirtbin, we have bylaws at the beach and other public places. I've posted them below. To date, i have never heard/read of a prosecution. Yet, almost every day that I go down for a surf, i see litter and broken bottles and chicken bones everywhere, people openly littering, people using the beach showers to clean themselves and clothing with soap (occasionally naked to boot, always a chunky gogo, so no perving unfortuntely), the smell of human faeces under the piers, etc etc. In fact i see almost everyone of these transgresions on a daily basis. There is literally zero enforcement.
    That is until they finally manage to catch that easy target...

https://businesstech.co.za/news/gove...n-from-friday/
    Wish them good luck with these

(6)No person may blow, or cause to be blown, a hooter of a motor-vehicle in a public place in such a manner or frequency that it creates a nuisance, unless the blowing of a hooter is necessary to alert any pedestrian or any user of another motor-vehicle of any danger or to alert any user of a motor-vehicle to any act or to desist from an act which is connected with the flow of traffic or parking of motor-vehicles.
    (b)approach any pedestrian or a person inside a motor-vehicle on any public road or public roadintersection or any other public place for the purposes of begging from such pedestrian or person in a motor-vehicle.

User

There is a thread somewhere in on GS some where from a few years back where the same question was asked and Cape Town parks (same signs and bylaws) and someone eventually was able to contact the correct person at the CoCT who said that is only illegal to brandish or shoot a firearm in a Cape Town park. Having a licensed firearm on you being carried in legal safe way is allowed.

User

Post 33: http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...firearm-policy

Response from City Parks

Good day
    Mr X has a good argument if the pictogram is taken at face value.
    A licensed, concealed firearm is not the issue. The by-law indicates the prohibition of discharging of firearms/fireworks without the required authorisation.(15 (b) iii.)
    The brandishing of firearms in any public area gives cause for extreme concern and City Parks feels that our Public Open Spaces should be free of these concerns. The signage (in th form of internationally accepted pictograms) is an interpretation of the by-law and is essential to enable the Law enforcement sections to enforce the by-laws.

Openly brandished weapons are not acceptable whereas discreetly concealed and licensed firearms will not be noticed. The by-law is an attempt to safeguard all of our citizens in our parks and we are required to implement them consistently across all POS.

PGF

Quote Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
    My friend was wanting to get a gun for SD, when they were on the muizenberg beach they asked a cop if it was legal to have a gun on the beach.The cop said that there are signboards every where saying no guns or knives....and if they were caught with either it would be a criminal offence.I know a lot of people do carry on the beach, but what is the legal stance?
    What rubbish. Concealed carry means concealed carry. The cop is talking bollocks, if you're licenced you're legally allowed to carry. The knowledge some cops have of private FA ownership is criminal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HvR View Post
    There is a thread somewhere in on GS some where from a few years back where the same question was asked and Cape Town parks (same signs and bylaws) and someone eventually was able to contact the correct person at the CoCT who said that is only illegal to brandish or shoot a firearm in a Cape Town park. Having a licensed firearm on you being carried in legal safe way is allowed.
    For Table Mountain Sanparks have a weapons permit for SD.

http://www.climbing.co.za/2018/04/sa...-weapons-tmnp/

*Note that cricket bats are considered traditional English weapons. R99.

User

Since when were our cops the authority on what is legal or not?

User

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    For Table Mountain Sanparks have a weapons permit for SD.

http://www.climbing.co.za/2018/04/sa...-weapons-tmnp/

*Note that cricket bats are considered traditional English weapons. R99.
    Did you notice the date on that article?

User

"For rock climbers, we recommend handguns and sawed off shotguns. Knives and chainsaws are not advised for obvious safety hazard of cutting your own rope. For hang gliders, we recommend hand grenades due to their airborne effectiveness."

Hahaha!

User

Quote Originally Posted by diazepam View Post
    Did you notice the date on that article?
    Yes, I sure did. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2