Default DIY Dueling tree

So I made this about a year ago out of channel and angel iron, drilled a 30mm hole in a 60mm diameter billet for the "swing bushes" and I took a chance and used 8mm mild steel plate for the target profiles witch turned out to be a not so good idea as anticipated, although they did hold up for a fair time but eventually got all dinged and bent out of shape. Anyways I will be replacing those with new ones made out of 10mm Benox plate. Have to say it has been super fun to shoot
    Attachment 30041

Banned

Default Re: DIY Dueling tree

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Nice
    Thanks!

Well done

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by LS1 View Post
    So I made this about a year ago out of channel and angel iron, drilled a 30mm hole in a 60mm diameter billet for the "swing bushes" and I took a chance and used 8mm mild steel plate for the target profiles witch turned out to be a not so good idea as anticipated, although they did hold up for a fair time but eventually got all dinged and bent out of shape. Anyways I will be replacing those with new ones made out of 10mm Benox plate. Have to say it has been super fun to shoot
    Attachment 30041
    What did the whole project cost you if I may ask

I got all the channel and angle iron for free from work, i only paid around R200 for the target profiles to be cut out for me.

though as an educated guess i would say if you bought all the material yourself it shouldn't cost more than R1000 for the build