Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

[QUOTE=TheFogg;1301918]It’s 8 shots, not 6. Don’t make fun of the N-Frame, I have lots of Glock jokes I can think of. :-(

Haha fair enough I cant stand anyone making fun of my Tupperware

User

Default Re: Cz scorpion license

Quote Originally Posted by geopat View Post
    Easy there mate no body is asking anyone to do anything illegal here it was merely a question as the line between a pistol with an aftermarket stock and a carbine is a little blurry I was just looking for the most effective tool for the job
    The lines might be a bit blurry in the USA, but here in SA they are fairly clear as to what is a handgun and what is a Self Loading Rifle / Carbine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    The lines might be a bit blurry in the USA, but here in SA they are fairly clear as to what is a handgun and what is a Self Loading Rifle / Carbine.
    Nope, the other way around. The scorpion in the states was a pistol because of its barrel length. Here it is a rifle because someone classed it as a rifle. In the States it is defined what makes something a pistol, rifle, etc., whereas here we just define it as a "firearm". The further classification is up to the discretion of a bureaucrat somewhere.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geopat View Post
    Hi guys I seem to remember the scorpion being classified as a handgun and thus available on section 13 is this the case? I'm thinking of getting one for the missus to use as a home defence gun while I'm away reason being she has no interest in EDC (no need to conceal)or sport shooting (no chance of getting dedicated status) so may as well get the biggest most controllable weapon that can be had on a selfie defence licence
    It is more important to have a reliable weapon in a SD situation than almost anything else. Thus: take her to several shooting ranges several times and let her shoot different firearms different times.

Then let her choose. Also: get someone else to teach her shooting. Don't bully her. Guns are to men what jewellery is to womenfolks. Just as you dont see the need to carry three rings and two necklaces, it will take some time for her to realise why a firearm is important.

Let her choose and give her the chance to make a wise decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Nope, the other way around. The scorpion in the states was a pistol because of its barrel length.
    Not entirely accurate.

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29) and 27 CFR § 478.11
    The term “Pistol” means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:

• a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);
    • and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    FCA:
    Chapter 1
    (xv) ‘‘handgun’’ means a pistol or revolver which can be held in and discharged with one hand;

There is actually no definition in the Act for a 'rifle', funnily enough.

User

I'm not clued up enough to argue law but I do appreciate everyone that has added their input it seems that we will just have to get out there and see what she can handle and shoot proficiently

User

As an aside, the Scorpion I am busy licencing is registered at CFR as a pistol. My app says SLR. So we will see what they have to say after it has been declined and the declination appealed against :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by mikecollinge View Post
    As an aside, the Scorpion I am busy licencing is registered at CFR as a pistol. My app says SLR. So we will see what they have to say after it has been declined and the declination appealed against :)
    Damn that sounds like you are in line for a paperwork nightmare

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by mikecollinge View Post
    Absolutely the problem.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast