Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Understanding the new competency card

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcam View Post
    i think that number is similar to crickets' "Strike Rate"...
    So that means out of 100, you shoot the target 32 times
    Hahaha well done. Did not see that comming.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just received my competency approval SMS. DFO informed me that all competency certificates will be replaced with cards.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard3312 View Post
    Just received my competency approval SMS. DFO informed me that all competency certificates will be replaced with cards.
    Ok great, does that mean we need to go apply for the card or is it a case of when we renew our paper ones we get cards?

Banned

I believe that number indicates the number times the card was reprinted before getting most of the information on it correct.
    My latest licences are so badly printed that you will just have to believe me when I tell you what is on it, I could likely give you the weapon and if your name is about as long as mine and has a D or A somewhere in it you could be the legit bearer of licence.
    They are almost blanks with spider web thick print the colour of a ghosts fart.
    My photo is just a humanoid shape, no features.

Hi all, I'm currently doing my sec 13 license application and filing in the form I am asked for my competency certificate number and expiry date however I do not see any numbers on my card accept ID number, dfo office code, date of issue, and a number on the back under the barcode which I have no idea what it's for, please assist

User

If there's no expiry date then leave it open and ask the DFO when you hand in your application.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mohmoh View Post
    Hi all, I'm currently doing my sec 13 license application and filing in the form I am asked for my competency certificate number and expiry date however I do not see any numbers on my card accept ID number, dfo office code, date of issue, and a number on the back under the barcode which I have no idea what it's for, please assist
    Leave the expiry date blank.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mohmoh View Post
    I've heard that your competency number is the same reference number you get in your SMSs when applying (number starting with a C). But probably best to leave it blank and ask your DFO.

Edit: I've just checked my card and the number under the barcode on the left is the same as the reference number I got in my SMSs. It's definitely the competency number.

Thanks a lot guys! I've got that C number *

User

I would attach a photo copy of both sides of the competency to the application to be safe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast