User

Default CFR making up laws again: Changing barrel on firearm is now deemed illegal

From MJ Hood's page:
    Martin Hood Two days ago one of the gunsmith's received a communication from Colonel Lesige [which I have] of the cfr who is a relative newcomer in this enviroment who has " instructed " that gunsmith's are not allowed to change barrels on a rifle and to do so would be illegal. This person was not involved in the drafting of the fca and has no idea what the rationale is for changing a barrel or what section 59 and regulation 50 mean or provide for. It is beyond his comprehension that his decision is a unilateral administrative act that has ramifications beyond his limited intellectual capacity . It also ignores the fact that the hundreds if not thousands of barrels imported in terms of the fca have been used as barrel replacements and that this constitues a precedent that he has now unilaterally changed and ignored. I mention this because the same problems relate to custom building rifles because imported barrels are used: saps cant get the procedure right in their own minds and of course wont talk to us because although we are their clients , we are the enemy.Lesige has also been involved in overt acts of intimidation of firearm dealers.

User

Default Re: CFR making up laws again: Changing barrel on firearm is now deemed illegal

Any new developments yet?

User

Default Re: CFR making up laws again: Changing barrel on firearm is now deemed illegal

So when the barrel is shot out you have to buy a new rifle?
    Howa is going to make a killing on barreled actions...

User

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    So when the barrel is shot out you have to buy a new rifle?
    Howa is going to make a killing on barreled actions...
    Yeah, what about the F-class Bisley guys who want a 30 or 31 inch barrel on a 308? Don't see those on the shelf often..

User

Hi
    I am in the position that I need to have a shot out barrel replaced, has this situation been resolved yet ?