Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    I like all the big screen ones.
    I bought the big ugly yellow brick one.
    It's got a big screen and is loud and does all I need it too. I think shooting stuff sells them...
    What I have got against the yellow speed timers is that they cannot measure more than 1 string, does not have random start and you cannot lower the buzzer volume so as not to irritate the rest of the household if you dry-fire.

User

Default Re: Affordable, good quality timer for training?

CED7000 crew checking in. Works well enough for the price.

If you're pedantic you might want to get the body cover and screen guard as well. The screen picks up scratches quite easily. Haven't had issues with using it in bright sunlight and can't complain about not hearing the beep. I have seen people mention some of their pet peeves about having to press review and then clear to prep it for the next string but honestly it doesn't even move the needle on my I'm-getting-annoyed-o-meter.

There's a kit that comes with a cover, lanyard and belt clip etc etc which is a pretty decent kit.

If you search The Book of Faeces you may find the Shotduino. It's a proudly Safrican Arduino-based shot timer. I do recall looking into it but the price point didn't make sense at the time.

Things might have changed so check it out.

As with all things in life, YMMV.

User

For random start press the button once. Press and hold for release start.To raise or lower volume turn volume screw...I agree that the more strings would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    What I have got against the yellow speed timers is that they cannot measure more than 1 string, does not have random start and you cannot lower the buzzer volume so as not to irritate the rest of the household if you dry-fire.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    For random start press the button once. Press and hold for release start.To raise or lower volume turn volume screw...I agree that the more strings would be nice
    Ok, the old models used to be 3 sec delay on a fast start push. On a long start push the timer switches to instantaneous on release. Where is the volume screw.?

User

I have had mine for awhile not sure if a gen 3 or 4In the manual it mentions a volume hole I'm sure... Or maybe mixing up with the sensitivity hole... Will need to look when home again.I use a cell phone app for dry fire as I have a glock and the timer isn't sensitive enough to pick up the trigger.The cell phone app picks up draw and trigger pull pull
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Ok, the old models used to be 3 sec delay on a fast start push. On a long start push the timer switches to instantaneous on release. Where is the volume screw.?

User

I like the adjustable sensitivity function, on normal shooting I leave it on 4 but for mini rifle put it on 8. I have never shot mini rifle with any other timer than a 7000, so I cannot comment on the other timers. But a bigger display could help at my age.

User

You can change/remove the review/clear requirement on the ced7000 through the menu options.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samizat45 View Post
    After worrying that my CED 6000 would die at a stage (I think it is well over 20 years old) I looked around and eventually settled on a PACT Club Timer III.

You can buy it from Amazon (it appears in the kitchen timer section!)

https://www.amazon.com/PACT-Club-Sho.../dp/B00PGIL974

The PACT website sumarizes my exact reasons for buying it as you can read here:

https://pact.com/products/shooting-t...v=68caa8201064

(A display you can read, A buzzer you can hear, Form Follows Function)

A CED 7000 is just too small to read (for me) and the "buzzer" is not very loud.

IMO, the CE Pocket Pro II has a markedly inferior display when compared to the PACT Club Timer.

Granted, some of these reasons may not apply to you as I am exactly double your age but the ergonomics of the Club Timer are also just right.

The apps that claim to be timers are not great - If you are serious about your shoting get a proper timer.

And my CED 6000 is still going strong !
    Brilliant! Thank you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    I prefer the Pocket Pro II especially for personal range time because it has the viewing screen on top of the unit where you can see it without having to unclip the timer from the pocket or belt and it has large digits for easy reading.

I do not agree with Samizat45's observation on the dispaly.

It uses a 9V battery and gives excellent battery life. The beeper is very good.

https://www.snipercountry.com/best-shot-timer-reviews/

Available from Hailstorm www.hailstormza.com or 012 348 2203.

Awesome. Will contact the boys at Hailstorm about pricing

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    CED7000 crew checking in. Works well enough for the price.

If you're pedantic you might want to get the body cover and screen guard as well. The screen picks up scratches quite easily. Haven't had issues with using it in bright sunlight and can't complain about not hearing the beep. I have seen people mention some of their pet peeves about having to press review and then clear to prep it for the next string but honestly it doesn't even move the needle on my I'm-getting-annoyed-o-meter.

There's a kit that comes with a cover, lanyard and belt clip etc etc which is a pretty decent kit.

If you search The Book of Faeces you may find the Shotduino. It's a proudly Safrican Arduino-based shot timer. I do recall looking into it but the price point didn't make sense at the time.

Things might have changed so check it out.

As with all things in life, YMMV.
    I’ve actually seen the cover and clips you speak of. Will check it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2