Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DS Arms ZM4

Default Re: DS Arms ZM4

Noted thanks guys. The DSA seems to compare well with other mid tier AR's available now, so I agree it wouldn't make sense to sell it just to buy another of essentially the same. I have spoken to a top local competitor who runs one that was imported in the same batch, and he is very happy with it. I am planning to shoot mine more regularly, but yes, budget always is a factor. I will however have to transfer it to a dealer in order to do the Section change, but will ensure to bring this fact clearly under the CFR's attention, i.e. that I had no alternative but to do a section change this way due to a lack in their procedures. Hopefully this will be successful.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

User

Quote Originally Posted by 47 View Post
    Noted thanks guys. The DSA seems to compare well with other mid tier AR's available now, so I agree it wouldn't make sense to sell it just to buy another of essentially the same. I have spoken to a top local competitor who runs one that was imported in the same batch, and he is very happy with it. I am planning to shoot mine more regularly, but yes, budget always is a factor. I will however have to transfer it to a dealer in order to do the Section change, but will ensure to bring this fact clearly under the CFR's attention, i.e. that I had no alternative but to do a section change this way due to a lack in their procedures. Hopefully this will be successful.

Can you not just renew with the section change.

We used to be able to do that previously. But they specifically forbid it now at our local DFO. Would have been the ideal solution. Have been in contact with a couple of my organisations, and they also recommended the above mentioned route due to less schleb.

I have a bit more than two years left before the license expires - on the one hand I could hold on and see if there doesn't pop up an easier solution, but on the other hand I cannot see things getting easier. So maybe just bite the bullet now, fight the fight and hopefully get the new Section license approved and valid for another 10 years.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

User

My DFO told me just yesterday that he can do a section change when capturing a renewal app. He seems quite clued-up and willing.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    My DFO told me just yesterday that he can do a section change when capturing a renewal app. He seems quite clued-up and willing.
    Well, that's a good start. Hopefully Faulty Towers agrees.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Thanks for sharing A-R. I cannot see why our local DFO won't do it this way any more. Will have to take it up with them and take it further if necessary.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Well, that's a good start. Hopefully Faulty Towers agrees.
    That is always the question. And the answer seems to change frequently...

OK, semi-good news from my side: had a meeting with DFO, and apparently "Provincial" is going to allow me to attempt renewal under new section, to see if the "system" will allow it. So it's not a flat out "No" anymore, but "Maybe" in this particular case. Hold thumbs!

User

The "system" will allow it...

My wife has changed her sect 13 Glock to a Sect 16 Glock. My one CZ 75 was issued as a Sect 13 instead of a Section 16 and I had it changed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    The "system" will allow it...

My wife has changed her sect 13 Glock to a Sect 16 Glock. My one CZ 75 was issued as a Sect 13 instead of a Section 16 and I had it changed.
    I also did it. It is not imo not a system issue. It is a DFO issue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast