User

Default License might expire while applying?

Hi,

What would happen of you bought a firearm from a private owner and the license expires while the firearm application is still in process?
    Today when I called CRF they informed me that I'm 91 days, but it hasn't moved from recieved as the firearm wasn't on the system (untill they checked and saw it is still legally registered). If it takes another 90 working days for the rest of the process the current licens will be expired, is the weapon then illegal (thats what the guy at the callcentre implied, also sounded very unsure that process would be complete one way or another before license expires)?

User

Default Re: License might expire while applying?

Hopefully it is the same as with a renewal, is stays valid until the application is finalised. Sadly the FCA has numerous omissions, grey areas and downright nonsense in it. This is probably one of those cases that are not covered.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: License might expire while applying?

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    Hi,

What would happen of you bought a firearm from a private owner and the license expires while the firearm application is still in process?
    Today when I called CRF they informed me that I'm 91 days, but it hasn't moved from recieved as the firearm wasn't on the system (untill they checked and saw it is still legally registered). If it takes another 90 working days for the rest of the process the current licens will be expired, is the weapon then illegal (thats what the guy at the callcentre implied, also sounded very unsure that process would be complete one way or another before license expires)?
    Logically, they should use it's status as it was on the day you submitted the application. From there onwards it is out of your hands and in their capable (hehe!) hands.

Sadly, logic is not really to be found anywhere in their system...