Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Gun not on dealers name yet, code 29

Hi,

Ok, so first time buying a NEW gun and the officer tells me the gun is not yet on the dealers name. A code 29 instead of the dealers code.

Anyone have this happen to them before? How long does it generally take to be registered on the dealers name at CFR?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Gun not on dealers name yet, code 29

Get the dealer to keep on bugging CFR. Mine took 3-4 months eventually.

User

I got mine fixed last week - dealer emailed the details to the following email addresses on Thursday, and it was fixed on Monday morning.

mahlangul6@saps.gov.za; molefeleromo@saps.gov.za; Sikhakhane PN - Colonel <SikhakhaneP@saps.gov.za>

User

Spoke to them now, apparently they had a sit down with SAPS and other dealers in the area, and they promised the apps would be sorted in 10 days. Now we wait and see.

I know we are all in this together, and we all need to eat. But a little headsup would be nice. Instead of having me drive all the way to the police station only to get turned away. Will have to see how this progresses. I really need the gun for competition. If I had known before hand I wouldve dropped the R11k at another shop. I guess therein lies the issue.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I got mine fixed last week - dealer emailed the details to the following email addresses on Thursday, and it was fixed on Monday morning.

mahlangul6@saps.gov.za; molefeleromo@saps.gov.za; Sikhakhane PN - Colonel <SikhakhaneP@saps.gov.za>
    Thanks. Forwarded these emails to him. Will see if its the same ones they got

User

Quote Originally Posted by MANNY82 View Post
    Spoke to them now, apparently they had a sit down with SAPS and other dealers in the area, and they promised the apps would be sorted in 10 days. Now we wait and see.

I know we are all in this together, and we all need to eat. But a little headsup would be nice. Instead of having me drive all the way to the police station only to get turned away. Will have to see how this progresses. I really need the gun for competition. If I had known before hand I wouldve dropped the R11k at another shop. I guess therein lies the issue.

They may well not have been aware of it. QUite a few dealers have seen guns moving backwards in ownership recently, with guns on stock on a Monday gone back to importers by the time people apply on Wednesday

Yes I too found out on Friday here in Durban it's sitting on 29 ..importers code so not yet in dealer stock ...bought the rifle end Aug 2018 ...tried to do a 271 and could not. I was livid ...all this time waiting for my competency then this ...so now Safari have sent off the 350a and 350b ....RIFLE came into SA 2016 MARCH ..not happy

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Banned

As I understand it the dealers send the info to CFR as to the firearm received by them. CFR seem to be the scapegoat as they are lax in not updating the info on their system. It is not then due to the dealers lack of trying.

I was in the same boat... DFO phoned me today to say it was transferred to the dealer’s name. In my case the 350 was sent to CFR on 15 Jan and most likely processed yesterday. I enlisted GOSA’s help last week, but I’m unsure whether it was their good work, the dealer putting enough pressure on CFR or just good luck.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M&P40 View Post
    I was in the same boat... DFO phoned me today to say it was transferred to the dealer’s name. In my case the 350 was sent to CFR on 15 Jan and most likely processed yesterday. I enlisted GOSA’s help last week, but I’m unsure whether it was their good work, the dealer putting enough pressure on CFR or just good luck.
    Three months? Thats not comforting. The dealer did say that they had a sit down with the SAPS, so hopefully that helps it along

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast