Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Gun not on dealers name yet, code 29

My LGS ordered a firearm from dealer on Monday fetched it Wednesday from dealer on Thursday I collected it at LGS and on Monday it was on the system and i applied and all was good

User

Mine also took 3 months to go from importers code to gunshop code.

User

Same problem hit me today. SAPS350(a) has an August 2018 date on it, and it's still not on dealer stock. Great. There goes all chances of hunting with this rifle this year.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Same problem hit me today. SAPS350(a) has an August 2018 date on it, and it's still not on dealer stock. Great. There goes all chances of hunting with this rifle this year.
    Oh yay. The other rifle I bought is also not moved. Different SAPS350(a). Also, another friend who's dad bought another rifle is also on that 350(a), so his application that went in last week will also probably be rejected.

Man, sometimes I just get SO frustrated about all this.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Don’t worry. A firearm I bought, seen with me own two eyes and handled, have a 350 for has apparently been destroyed according to the CFR. It’s a beautiful 6” Webley MKIV
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I got mine fixed last week - dealer emailed the details to the following email addresses on Thursday, and it was fixed on Monday morning.

mahlangul6@saps.gov.za; molefeleromo@saps.gov.za; Sikhakhane PN - Colonel <SikhakhaneP@saps.gov.za>
    Col Skikhakhane last year or year before left as she was in charge of Western Cape division. She assisted me plenty of times. Also phoned her on her Cell. But at one point she left.

Search for the SAPS 350 WOES thread. There you will see how many people are in the same dark hole that the Cfr has dug for prospective gun owners and used the dealers as the shovel.

7 months and waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Sorry if this is a completely different subject, but could someone please help a newb:

I bought a mossberg 88 from Steven001 that was advertised here on gunsite. We met at a dealer in North West and the gun was "transferred to their books" since Steven wanted to get it off his name because he wanted to get a new shotty and was afraid that him already having one might cause trouble with approval. It has been a month now - still no news. I cannot apply without the dealer's 350 form.
    Am I too impatient? What is the average time that such a procedure takes? Any advice would be appreciated.

User

Hi Vuurdoop, I am going to that dealer tomorrow, will get an update, but it usually takes a few weeks, sometimes you can get lucky...

I bought 2 Rifles in October 18. Could only hand in Apps Beginning April 19. One was on importer name and the other Dept 29. Early April I got an email address for someone at CFR. I emailed them and they did transfer. And also only did the 2 rifles on 350 that was mine. Not even the rest on there.

But if it was a private owner selling it. They would have filled in a 534 to transfer ownership to the shop. This is very quick. Then shop gives you 350 and even copy of 534. This is or so far has been very quick compared to 350's where firearms move between dealers. As my 2 rifles above.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast