Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Load shedding and rechargeable technology

Quote Originally Posted by Luqi91 View Post
    Yeah true that. Can’t argue with that. But it’s difficult to compete the brightness (lumens), size as rechargeable technology of some of these new guys.

I replaced the bulb in my rechargable Maglite with a LED a long time ago. It doesn't change from flood to spot anymore, but it is a moer of a torch, and, as was said, a baton as well.

Banned

Ya, but I don't need any more batons.
    I have a few lying around.
    Someone else can use it as a moering stick

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Why not just get some rechargeable CR123 batteries, then you have the best of both worlds, so when Eskom breaks and we don't have electricity for extended periods of time you have the option of using a normal battery as well.

I got some good batteries and a charger from the Torch Guy.
    Just be careful, some LED drivers can’t handle the voltage of 2 RCR123 in series (4.2V x 2 when fully charged) vs the 3V x 2 of primary CR123s.

For me, I carry a rechargeable flashlight for utility and one that runs primaries for serious issues. I also carry 4 spare CR123 which can power any of my torches should it need to.
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 25-03-2019 at 02:59.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Ya, but I don't need any more batons.
    I have a few lying around.
    Someone else can use it as a moering stick
    But a Maglite is a very nice moering stick, under deep cover. A friend of mine had a spacer tube machined with a allumenium rod on the inside, now he can fit a set of 18650 rechargeables in there.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Just be careful, some LED drivers can’t handle the voltage of 2 RCR123 in series (4.2V x 2 when fully charged) vs the 3V x 2 of primary CR123s.

For me, I carry a rechargeable flashlight for utility and one that runs primaries for serious issues. I also carry 4 spare CR123 which can power any of my torches should it need to.
    Good to know, thanks Skaapie

User

Quote Originally Posted by mikecollinge View Post
    I replaced the bulb in my rechargable Maglite with a LED a long time ago. It doesn't change from flood to spot anymore, but it is a moer of a torch, and, as was said, a baton as well.
    How is the brightness now with the LED?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post

Nice one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2