Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Default Re: NZ firearm ownership: The beginning of the end

Given the way this has been spun, possibility that the average New Zealander thinks that this is just about AR's. That's the response I got from a friend over there

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yep.

GOSA has a proud history of standing up when others kneel down.
    Well written, encouraging words.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Sierra View Post
    Submissions regarding the bill now accepted (I've made my submission). What they usually allow 6-8 weeks for, they are now allowing 2 days. Also if you indicate that you wish to "speak to your letter" of submission, by law they have to allow you to speak before the Select Committee.

That has also been removed.
    Why the rush - are the NZ government scared people might stop and think?

Power corrupts and government tyranny should be opposed by all. It seems obvious that by cicumventing due and reasonable process, governments can push any agenda that suits them. It is short sighted to think that this tactic won't be usèd again in the future to erode democratic rights.

User

Yep.

GOSA has a proud history of standing up when others kneel down.
    def a dirty joke in there

User

Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post
    I cannot help but draw an analogy with the Saint James Church massacre in Cape Town where four terrorists armed with fully automatic R4 assault rifles, hand grenades and petrol bombs was chased off by one guy with a 5 shot .38 snubby. 11 Killed compared with the 50 odd killed by one attacker with semi-automatics in these mosque attacks. Obviously none of the victims was armed because of the ridiculous New Zealand gun laws that prohibit carrying and do not deem self defense as a valid reason for gun ownership.

So what does the libtards do, ban semi autos, large capacity magazines, etc, instead of allowing law abiding citizens to defend themselves. Nobody in government takes responsibility for the failed background checks that allowed this terrorist to firstly enter New Zealand and secondly obtain these weapons.
    they make laws and hope criminals follow them
    they fail to protect their citizens as its impossible to be everywhere at any time

that being said the yearly murder rate is less than our DAILY, so in reality I'd prob take my chances with being unarmed

if we are disarmed here, there is going to be mass, MASS slaughter through crime

NZ hasnt had the guns for SD as we have so i don't see this spiking their crime rate by any means

it its however just one more freedom taken away from what was voted as the most free country on earth

Watch the slippery slope, newspapers cant report on suicides (highest in the world)
    whats next, follow route of sydney and not report on crimes if committed by minorities? (youtube sydney african street gangs)

its a dangerous place to be when government has that much autonomy and nobody to stand up to them

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by mac 13 View Post
    Power corrupts and government tyranny should be opposed by all. It seems obvious that by cicumventing due and reasonable process, governments can push any agenda that suits them. It is short sighted to think that this tactic won't be usèd again in the future to erode democratic rights.
    Yeah, but once the population is disarmed, protests against the removal of the other rights will be somewhat muted!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Yeah, but once the population is disarmed, protests against the removal of the other rights will be somewhat muted!
    Pretty much this. And more the government rides rough-shod after due process, as they've demonstrated in this regard, the more they will continue to do so. We have a list of organisations providing verbal submissions this morning:

https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/sc/l...nMGiA89KZy-muM

It includes the police association (led by Chris Cahill), a lying, deceitful and agenda driven individual who is the embodiment of a statist. Unfortunately he has the ear of the PM and in her inner circle.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7