User

Default Glock Gen 5 sight height?

Yesterday I did some calling around and searching various forums regarding the sights on 9mm gen 5 Glocks. Apparently they seem to require taller sights? Dawson precision states this as well on their website. So for a G19/17/26, what would happen if "standard" height sites are installed , and is their merit in the taller sights for Gen 5?

User

Default Re: Glock Gen 5 sight height?

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Yesterday I did some calling around and searching various forums regarding the sights on 9mm gen 5 Glocks. Apparently they seem to require taller sights? Dawson precision states this as well on their website. So for a G19/17/26, what would happen if "standard" height sites are installed , and is their merit in the taller sights for Gen 5?
    I went through this fitting Gen 4 sights to my gen 5. Glock will sight in your gun at the factory, if you still have the original factory sight pop them off and look at the height of the rear sight. Call BA and tell them the number and get advise on the correct height for your gun. Mine was "6.5" and I went with the Gen 4 set instaed of the gen 5 set of Ameriglo Sights.

User

Will get hold of BA. If i recall the rear sight is marked 6.1.

"Gen4" sights are typically matched to the 6.5mm rear sight. Fitting these to a pistol with a 6.1mm rear sight will result in an approximately 61mm difference in bullet impact at 25m on a Glock 17. (Little more on a G19)

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the 20mm difference that that will make at fighting distance on a SD pistol, but I will go to great lengths to ensure accuracy on the pistol that I practice my trigger control with.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    "Gen4" sights are typically matched to the 6.5mm rear sight. Fitting these to a pistol with a 6.1mm rear sight will result in an approximately 61mm difference in bullet impact at 25m on a Glock 17. (Little more on a G19)

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the 20mm difference that that will make at fighting distance on a SD pistol, but I will go to great lengths to ensure accuracy on the pistol that I practice my trigger control with.
    Thanks, its actually the Dawson's on your website I'm interested in, just wanted to clarify which ones.