Default Stolen Firearm & Renewal

Good day members,

I have asked the question a while ago but simply cannot remember the answer or which thread I asked on.

My SD firearm was stolen a couple years back and is due for renewal in 120 days time. Do I let the license expire or do I have to still go and renew it?

Your input will be appreciated kindly.

Regards
    GB95

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Stolen Firearm & Renewal

Im pretty sure you have to get SAPS to take that FA off your name. Or do you want it back if they ever recover it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Im pretty sure you have to get SAPS to take that FA off your name. Or do you want it back if they ever recover it?
    Well surely if it ever does get found and is still in reasonable condition I would definitely want it back but wh knows. I have heard stories from clients that have had their weapons recovered after 10 years and the condition of the weapons was still in great shape. But then on other cases, weapon was found after 2 months and there was basically nothing left of it..

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Once a firearm is "circulated" (listed as stolen), your license is suspended. The period of the license should resume from the date you get it back.

However...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Once a firearm is "circulated" (listed as stolen), your license is suspended. The period of the license should resume from the date you get it back.

However...
    Theory is such a wonderful concept

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

However...
    Hi Paul, thank you for the insight. So best is just to not do anything at this stage?

However...
    Hi Paul

What would be the process should the Fa owner want to replace the stolen firearm ie apply for a new section 13?. As u stated the lisence is suspended

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk