Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Px4 Storm compact or CZ P07 ??

I need advice and user experience of the pistols above. Good and bad.

I'm looking at changing my current SD compact carry pistol and upgrading to either a CZ P07 or Beretta Px4 Storm compact.
    I ultimately want something durable, reliable and that can take a punishment without problem when it comes to the crunch...

I have range fired the CZ, I like it but have yet to find a range in JHB with a Px4 to hire and fire to compare.
    The Px4 build quality stands out more than the P07 to me but I may be wrong.

I need some feedback from owners of the 2 pistols above. Use will be mainly SD carry as well as dedicated sport at some stage.
    Are there any users with either pistol as dedicated sport with a high round count, if so what problems have you experienced to date?

I have heard hearsay of a P07 with a chamber that went ka-boom and left the owner with a damaged hand whilst range firing...
    Supposedly from factory 124gr ammo.

I have seen and noted that the Px4 has a thicker barrel and chamber build than the P07... Meaning a better barrel??

Before my current SD compact carry I had a CZ 75 pre B years ago which cycled many a round with no problems.
    Farm mud, cow and horse crud, dust as well as the occasional beach sand was never a problem and the bulletproof CZ spat through it all.

I have seen the torture tests of the P07 and am looking for Px4 torture tests to compare.

What opinions?

Default Re: Px4 Storm compact or CZ P07 ??

I ultimately want something durable, reliable and that can take a punishment without problem when it comes to the crunch...

What opinions?[/QUOTE]

If im not mistaken Glock ticks those boxes....

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

User

He didn't ask about glock though....

But between the actual options he asked about, IMO the CZ P07 is the beter option to buy. And it's proven itself to be reliable and to stand up to hard use.
    It will be easier (and I would think cheaper) to get parts and accessories for the P07.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

User

Personally I like the PO7 more then the Storm. The trigger on the PO7 is more to my liking.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    I'm looking at changing my current SD compact carry pistol.

Use will be mainly SD carry as well as dedicated sport at some stage.
    I EDC a CZ P07.

You state 2 very contrasting uses (SD COMPACT CARRY and then DSS Pistol)

> For EDC Compact carry the Storm is superior (more ergonomically suited for EDC]
    > For DSS Pistol you would probably be better off with the CZ purely on availability and cost of spares/mags etc.

In terms of general reliability both are proven brands.

User

My wife carries the PO7, round count not very high but build quality seems great. I think it will stand up to the 75 and is easily carried concealed. I love shooting it, I'm not a fan of the Storm yet. Personal opinion obviously.

You won't go wrong with the PO7 IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

What is your current pistol?

It would be interesting to know what stands between a CZ75 and a P07.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    What is your current pistol?

It would be interesting to know what stands between a CZ75 and a P07.

To be honest...
    A crappy compact carry, small frame striker fire Taurus PT111 Milenniun gen 1 bought new in 95/96 after selling the 75 to a friend.
    The change was for a small frame compact easier to carry and conceal.
    The 75 stood by my side during the code red times in KZN during the late 80's and early 90's... Bought it new and carried underage with Richmond KZN cops knowledge at the time. SADF on our farm didn't bat an eye at a laaitie carrying with full knowledge and intention to use should it come to it.

The IDPA games now being done as sport was a reality and real life scenario for me...
    Many a night or day and farm attack experience was part of life...
    Thought the real life game had changed for a few years but hey... Time hasn't changed things too much.

Time to carry real again and hone skills once more.

User

The P07 has been drawing me and sounds like the better option with others I have asked as well.
    Besides being a bit cheaper, the quality is not bad.
    I still need to find a JHB range with a PX4 compact to fire for final decision but there don't seem to be any around.
    The P07 was a pleasure to fire.

Jizni is there for spares and hop ups and parts generally available countrywide amongst dealers, I know of nowhere for Beretta spares and upgrade parts.

User

Out of the two options you’d have to take the Po7. Its a proven gun with many spares available. Its also not the worst shooting thing out there.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast