Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Px4 Storm compact or CZ P07 ??

KK20, thanks for the link earlier. the 50k plus round count of the PX4 FS is impressive.
    I would presume the PX4C will fare just as well and be a better balanced all round EDC and DSS FA.

Some thought and a couple of further range firings is needed before final decision.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I was influenced by articles written by Khumba and videos by Langdon on the Px4. I will be getting one of them with confidence.
    But in fairness you have many other guns to go to if one doesn’t work, right?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    Out of the two options you’d have to take the Po7. Its a proven gun with many spares available. Its also not the worst shooting thing out there.
    The PX4 is just as proven and much more prolific in the USA than the CZs. IMO the problem with Beretta in SA has always been support and that has made the SA gun public biased away from Beretta.

All the small spares and recoil spring assemblies for the PX4 and PX4C are available from Hailstorm.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Luqi91 View Post
    P-07 for sure. Better service, parts and spares.
    Hailstorm is not tied to Beretta and purely due to my personal interest and use of the PC4C as an EDC gun I made sure for Hailstorm to have all the small spares and recoil spring assemblies available.

The PX4 platform is 20k to 25k service interval gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    But in fairness you have many other guns to go to if one doesn’t work, right?
    Why would the PX4C compared to any other gun out there not work?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    I'll look for Khumba's writeups to read through on the Px4
    Langdon videos also on forum I presume?
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/content/gun...pact-thoughts/

Hailstorm is not the distributor for Beretta and I personally have no motivation in writing the review other than my belief that the PX4C is a much underrated gun and it does not deserve the local anti-bias which is unfortunate and probaly due to misinformation and lack of local 3rd party experience and imo a history of lackluster support by the historical distributors.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I was influenced by articles written by Khumba and videos by Langdon on the Px4. I will be getting one of them with confidence.
    Reading through this thread I can but wonder how many of the advisors have actually shot both a P07 and a PX4C in a reasonable significant round count to be bale to give fair advice.

I started my DA/SA EDC quest with a HK USP which was a fantastic but large gun. When I started considering AIWB EDC I tried the P07 and later upgraded it with the after market trigger enhancements and then I tried the PX4C.

I ended up with edc'ing the PX4C about 2 and half years ago and still do it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    KK20, thanks for the link earlier. the 50k plus round count of the PX4 FS is impressive.
    I would presume the PX4C will fare just as well and be a better balanced all round EDC and DSS FA.

Some thought and a couple of further range firings is needed before final decision.
    Ernest Langdon took a PX4C to 50k rounds before he did it with the FS.

Hi Khumba, what in your view is the key difference between the two? If you had to "compare and contrast" as the interwebs reviewers call it. Sounds tautological.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post
    Hi Khumba, what in your view is the key difference between the two? If you had to "compare and contrast" as the interwebs reviewers call it. Sounds tautological.
    These things are most of the time subjective. For me the rotary barrel system shoots softer in respect of felt recoil and perceived recoil.

On the 2 guns out of the box the Beretta had a little better DA and SA trigger. With the Wilson Chrome Silicon hammer spring in the PX4C the DA trigger was much better than that of the P07.

With the fully upgraded triggers in both guns the PX4C DA trigger is smoother than the P07 and the break of SA trigger on mine and my PX4C Carry being quite a bit better than the P07.

AIWB the PX4C conceals better for me mainly due to the shape of the rear of the slide.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast