Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Px4 Storm compact or CZ P07 ??

Bagger of Bargains

User

To anyone and all I offended and agitated initially with this thread, my apologies.
    Ignorance, misinformation and a lack of product experience are always a recipe for disaster...
    No excuse for the sense of humour failure at the time but a combination of work stress plus conflicting viewpoints led me to the wrong conclusions.
    I missed the positive responses and didn't extract the correct messages as well as the fact that I viewed the critical feedback as an attack and not positive communication...

Hopefully the pm messages I sent previously found their way to the parties I intended to personally apologise to.

My new SD EDC is to be a Glock 19 gen 3 (already bought) and not a P07 or PX4.
    Deals have been done and the pistol made possible, S13 place in process of being cleared of sold pistol and the only delay is to be SAPS turnaround times.
    Next step is new holsters and applicable gear but that will follow in due course.

Glock backup, availability of OEM parts and accessories as well as aftermarket accessories from various sources are a clear winner in the current South African market.

The light trigger pull, general functionality and ease of use of a G19 gen3 opened my eyes differently to the personal stigma I had attached to striker fire pistols that I had experienced and owned.

The P07 was a front runner and main contender but the 19 changed it all for me and I'm now a proud owner of a new Glock 19 albeit in an earlier gen but what I do know is that the pistol is a durable, safe, easy to use, reliable and a pleasure to shoot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    To anyone and all I offended and agitated initially with this thread, my apologies.
    Ignorance, misinformation and a lack of product experience are always a recipe for disaster...
    No excuse for the sense of humour failure at the time but a combination of work stress plus conflicting viewpoints led me to the wrong conclusions.
    I missed the positive responses and didn't extract the correct messages as well as the fact that I viewed the critical feedback as an attack and not positive communication...

Hopefully the pm messages I sent previously found their way to the parties I intended to personally apologise to.
    This is what makes up Gunsite. Welcome back!

My new SD EDC is to be a Glock 19 gen 3 (already bought) and not a P07 or PX4.

User

Well done Fire-Stick
    Respect!

User

Whew. I had the same issue as you. Went with the 9mm PX4 Compact for EDC carry. Everyone loves Glock this I know and don't give a toss. I chose the PX4 for the reasons Khumba said and have modified it with Hailstorm parts such as Talon grips and the Wilson spring and I managed to source slimmer levers from elsewhere and I do have a custom Kydex holster made up etc. I had another custom Kydex holster made and I modified that myself too. All this combined with good gun belts and relevant clothing make my PX4 in my eyes a safe comfortable EDC firearm. Everyone I know with a G19 do not carry 1up. I carry 1up happily so. Fully loaded my gun is not much heavier than a G19. It is a bit wider yes but my slimmed down version is not that bad and it is concealable with most daily clothing carrying AIWB. It is a lovely gun to shoot and fun to shoot. Very accurate and very reliable. I just did a combat shooting course with it and it was totally reliable and on target. Each to his own I guess at the end of the day!

User

Quote Originally Posted by scubes View Post
    Everyone I know with a G19 do not carry 1up. I carry 1up happily so.
    Sounds like you need better friends.... ;)

User

Everyone you know with a G19 that dont carry 1-up don't understand the operating principles of the gun they carry and are doing themselves a disservice.

And if they are unwilling to learn why it is safe, then they are stupid

User

Quote Originally Posted by scubes View Post
    Whew. I had the same issue as you. Went with the 9mm PX4 Compact for EDC carry. Everyone loves Glock this I know and don't give a toss. I chose the PX4 for the reasons Khumba said and have modified it with Hailstorm parts such as Talon grips and the Wilson spring and I managed to source slimmer levers from elsewhere and I do have a custom Kydex holster made up etc. I had another custom Kydex holster made and I modified that myself too. All this combined with good gun belts and relevant clothing make my PX4 in my eyes a safe comfortable EDC firearm. Everyone I know with a G19 do not carry 1up. I carry 1up happily so. Fully loaded my gun is not much heavier than a G19. It is a bit wider yes but my slimmed down version is not that bad and it is concealable with most daily clothing carrying AIWB. It is a lovely gun to shoot and fun to shoot. Very accurate and very reliable. I just did a combat shooting course with it and it was totally reliable and on target. Each to his own I guess at the end of the day!
    Methinks everyone you know who carries a G19 is a very short list of clueless people.

User

Great thread

User

If i might add some input on this thread,i was pondering for quite a while what to get as a backup to my current CZ 75 pre b,,my mind was pretty much set on the new Glock 45 coming in @ R11000 depends where you shop,,went to gave a look @ one & even a G19,,like either but the heart wanted the G45(really like the balance of the FA,their track record etc,,only thing that i didn't like much & please guys no war intentions please i didn't like the small slide release other than that it ticked my boxes,,Then a concern was raised regarding parts availability for certain models currently(CZ)..by others & me..Time went on then suddenly it hit me like a brick,,i have other commitments financially that awaits & yes we all do,,but i preserved i wanted a back up no matter what..Quess what i climbed into my car(sat all my concerns & fears aside) this morning went to S&O & now i am a proud owner of a brand new PO 7 got it @ R7999) at least i can also fill those other financial commitments i have & i got my back up finally,,for time now i will set aside all my fears.. & i got something that shoots bullets,will back my life if needed if my other is out of service for whatever reason & i can enjoy shooting it together with my current FA when i get my license,,time is ticking & get the ball rolling you might not have another chance life is unpredictable,,get what you want & keep on moving ,,everyone is different & tastes differ.There is a lot of knowledgeable people on this site,take their advice or leave it..At the end cost ,what you can afford,advice that was giving to yourself by many,,make the choice & keep yourself happy,,that is what matters most!! Again just some input please don't overthink it..Glock,Beretta, S&W,CZ are all good FA's ..the Glock for myself maybe when i have cash & dedicated if i so wish or something that the heart may desire then...Good Luck with you yourney

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast