Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by eon View Post
    Thanks guys, I bought a box of surefire cr123's while in the US and have been putting a new one in the light every 2 months. My concern is not knowing how much life the batt has left, I never know if i'm going to have 3 min or 30 min of light.
    Perhaps a battery tester is the answer.
    The best way to test a battery is to put a equivalent load on it and see what the voltage drop is.

Banned

Default Re: Rechargeable CR123 in Inforce APL ?

More questions for the clever okes, just went looking the olight website, The mini light they sell seems to be the answer, a built in battery that can be recharged on the pistol, any experience from the gallery ?
    I've got 2 of the olight mini WML's. MAkes it damn easy for charging purposes by being able to magnetically attach the charger.
    I've used the wml a few times and have only charged it once just as a top up. I like the idea of rechargeable batteries on everything and being able to charge on device instead of removing batteries from the torch everytime you need to charge them

User

More questions for the clever okes, just went looking the olight website, The mini light they sell seems to be the answer, a built in battery that can be recharged on the pistol, any experience from the gallery ?
    The APL should not be your primary. Any good CR123 should have a shelf life of around 10 years.

Imo non-rech batteries should be used in CR123 lights for their durability, consistency and longevity.

I still prefer my primary and WMLs to run non rechargeable.

18650 rech is another story.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

On the matter of recharging, does one recharge from drained or top up when possible ?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    On the matter of recharging, does one recharge from drained or top up when possible ?
    Older Ni-Cad batteries built up a memory from being recharged if not completely flat reducing the battery capacity.

New batteries do not suffer from this. Only issue is batteries have a limited amount of charge cycles so recharging often when not drained reduces the available lifespan of the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2