Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Sri Lanka bombings

People of the book is a muslim term that refers to adherents of the Abrahamic religions (Jews, Christians, Muslims, Druze, etc) and I think monotheists in general.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    People of the book is a muslim term that refers to adherents of the Abrahamic religions (Jews, Christians, Muslims, Druze, etc) and I think monotheists in general.
    I have a lot of close Jewish friends who use the term as well

User

With our intelligence structures in shit street at the moment, how likely is a similar attack in SA? Summer in Cape Town and Durban - beeches, hotels, clubs, music festivals, malls etc Or some churches where large scale events take place.

User

I've always thought it would be incredibly stupid (even for them) to try to pull off an attack in SA. Because our intel is such utter rubbish, and because we're basically off the radar to a degree, combined with lax local law enforcement, a tolerant attitude, lots of quieter rural areas and open spaces, we're basically an ideal 'getaway' spot for planning, safe havens etc. Why piss in a good backyard that you can make your own? Whilst there is a lot of racial tension in SA, tolerance for most religions is reasonably good (IMHO) - any attack here would break that down and destroy a lot of sympathy. The SA government is also openly anti-Israel, why antagonise something that's at least partially on your side in that respect? Why attract the attention of US/Western intelligence assets, why give them an excuse to even bother looking harder here, for no gain whatsoever?

User

This was quite an interesting perspective.

https://www.trunews.com/podcast/notr...urches-trunews

User

Not a site I would take seriously just looking at the podcast headings.For example Ben Shapiro, a Jew described as a blasphemer because he does not believe in the divinity of Christ. News flash: If he did, he would have been a Christian and not an orthodox Jew.

User

Have a look at the reports in the Israel news about the uttering of rabbi Aviner, which is what the podcast is about. I take that seriously indeed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
    I've always thought it would be incredibly stupid (even for them) to try to pull off an attack in SA. Because our intel is such utter rubbish, and because we're basically off the radar to a degree, combined with lax local law enforcement, a tolerant attitude, lots of quieter rural areas and open spaces, we're basically an ideal 'getaway' spot for planning, safe havens etc. Why piss in a good backyard that you can make your own? Whilst there is a lot of racial tension in SA, tolerance for most religions is reasonably good (IMHO) - any attack here would break that down and destroy a lot of sympathy. The SA government is also openly anti-Israel, why antagonise something that's at least partially on your side in that respect? Why attract the attention of US/Western intelligence assets, why give them an excuse to even bother looking harder here, for no gain whatsoever?
    Because Jihadists are what one would call Stupid Evil. Anyone who does not share their beliefs 100% percent like them (including other Muslims or non Muslims who are sympathetic to their views in terms of the Israeli Palestinian conflict) are infidels and therefore unworthy of life.

As an example ISIS sees no problem in murdering, raping and blowing up their fellow Muslims who just don't happen to not agree with their batshit fundamentalists views, even though this serves to alienate them for obvious reasons. This is especially the case with Shiite Muslims whom Sunni Extremists like ISIS view in a worse light than they do Christians and Jews.

The loony left British Politician George Galloway even got death threats from fundies when he campaigned in Muslim neighbourhoods of London, even though he is strongly pro-Palestinian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2