Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Walk-in safe: Building it my way...

Humidifier will be in the strong room, extractor fan, as pointed out electricity, lights definite a filter coffee machine..I need to focus on the building process commencing on coming Friday..to use enough re-bar is essential ..I will go the same route as your family member by using heavy concrete lintels/beams for the roof and a re-bar mat filled in with strong concrete mix..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Treeman, you have been missedWelcome back..
    Yes I got lucky - very lucky, reduced sentence etc, if I behave I get both testicles back in a year. As said on site """""Learning only occurs after repetitive ,demoralizing failures!"

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Gert, one of the builders mentioned that one should keep photos of the building process. It prooves to the SABS/SAPS inspector that the reinforcing was indeed done, and that the building specs were followed.
    DsJ I will do just that..it would making certification easier with a lot of photos to explain how it was build with re -bar and concrete cement reinforced through out the building process..

User

DsJ I will do just that..it would making certification easier with a lot of photos to explain how it was build with re -bar and concrete cement reinforced through out the building process..
    I think a engineers report and concrete crush test results confirming required hardness is required for certification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Treeman lives!
    Yay!

Banned

Gert, as with all your other threads,I will be following this with avid interest

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Gert, as with all your other threads,I will be following this with avid interest
    BBT, you are doing the easy part..every muscle in my back and arms are feeling today`s cement mixing work..it is these days most difficult to get down on my knees to use the spirit level to see if the foundation is level from the one corner to the other one..I did get the foundation quite level right through..man, it is difficult to get up after I have been on my knees for ten minutes to check the foundation level...I had to take frequent brakes to get my breath back after the cement mix with the spade..I forgot how hard type of work it was when I was still young and fit..now it really is a great struggle to mix cement in this huge quantities.. 1a2dfa18-8572-4f16-b165-ac1eeeae543e.jpg

User

Not to turn this into a treeman thread.... Welcome back...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I think a engineers report and concrete crush test results confirming required hardness is required for certification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. It depends on the use of the vault. If you want to be a dealer then you must have certain minimum concrete thicknesses (cast minimum 300mm, brick wall with 200 mm concrete fill cavity, 10mm rebar mesh with squares of 100mm X 100mm) that's going off of memory so double check the numbers.

If it's just for personal use then it's up to your dfo as to whether or not he'll accept it as safe storage for guns. In this case I'd go with a safe inside the vault as a precaution.

User

BBT, you are doing the easy part..every muscle in my back and arms are feeling today`s cement mixing work..it is these days most difficult to get down on my knees to use the spirit level to see if the foundation is level from the one corner to the other one..I did get the foundation quite level right through..man, it is difficult to get up after I have been on my knees for ten minutes to check the foundation level...I had to take frequent brakes to get my breath back after the cement mix with the spade..I forgot how hard type of work it was when I was still young and fit..now it really is a great struggle to mix cement in this huge quantities.. 1a2dfa18-8572-4f16-b165-ac1eeeae543e.jpg
    Mixing by hand, you're a brave man.... Also why not put in a damp proofing membrane before laying foundations and floors?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast