Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Walk-in safe: Building it my way...

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Gert, after you finish all your concreting and plastering, get a few 5kg bags of Coprox waterproofing powder, mix 5kgs to 5lt water to make a paint like mixture. Dampen all surfaces with water and brush on the Coprox mixture with a block brush. Lightly mist the completed surfaces with water as it's drying so it doesn't crack.
    Apply 2nd coat and follow the same procedure.
    After curing, it will be completely damp and waterproof.
    Coprox is one of the few waterproofing products that works on negative and positive sides of damp or water(ie, can be used to keep water in, Example a pond or to keep water/damp out, Example a house walls/floor)
    Coprox is amazing stuff.

The company I used to work for in Hardware & Tools, has a sister company that does plumbing and I sat through coprox training with them once... really cool stuff.

Banned

I've read and heard of a test where they hosed down a wall for 24hrs and it didn't even absorb 2% moisture

User

I've read and heard of a test where they hosed down a wall for 24hrs and it didn't even absorb 2% moisture
    Great, that will take care of rising damp...thank you this info about the Coprox product is much appreciated.. BBT

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Coprox is amazing stuff.

The company I used to work for in Hardware & Tools, has a sister company that does plumbing and I sat through coprox training with them once... really cool stuff.
    Great, always good to hear about products people usually do not know about, it will save some headaches in the future..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Great, that will take care of rising damp...thank you this info about the Coprox product is much appreciated.. BBT
    You're welcome Gert.
    I can't wait to see how you make the door for the strongroom

User

You're welcome Gert.
    I can't wait to see how you make the door for the strongroom
    BBT, I am considering a company like Magnum safes to install a new safe door instead of trying to build one myself...there are things a person can build himself and then there are things better left for professionals to do..a quality safe door for my walk in safe is such a item...I definitely need a safe door that can be opened from the inside...

Banned

door for my walk in safe is such a item...I definitely need a safe door that can be opened from the inside...[/QUOTE]

I was looking at my safe door, with cover off it can be opened by hand from inside - not a every day need, but can be done if needed. I was actually supprised to see how ""nothing" the whole thing is when cover is off on door inside side

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    BBT, I am considering a company like Magnum safes to install a new safe door instead of trying to build one myself...there are things a person can build himself and then there are things better left for professionals to do..a quality safe door for my walk in safe is such a item...I definitely need a safe door that can be opened from the inside...
    Gert, if you have not purchased a door yet contact mutual safes and ask them for quotes.
    They are really good and have some awesome products.
    They are in Pretoria

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Gert, if you have not purchased a door yet contact mutual safes and ask them for quotes.
    They are really good and have some awesome products.
    They are in Pretoria
    Ricchet, thank you kindly, I will contact them...

User

Thanks for all the tips on this thread. I am also looking down this rabbit hole... Wife made a comment that I cannot get any new firearms as my safe is full, think this will be good counter move

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast