Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Blu Logistics. Who's used them?

Good day friends.

I'm looking to transport a firearm from Pretoria to Durban and RAM's fees are a bit ridiculous imo.

Someone suggested I use Blu Logistics so I contacted them and to my good fortune they quoted me Half the price that RAM did.

I'm a bit concerned as I've never heard of them before and there aren't too many courier companies in SA certified to transport firearms (this is the second one in my knowledge) and I really wouldn't want anything to go wrong and I'm sure the seller wouldn't either.

If anyone has used them, I would appreciate some feedback as well as any packing advice you could provide as they haven't been too helpful with that.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Blu Logistics. Who's used them?

Up to now I was under the impression only RAM could courier FA's. If that has changed it will be good to know!

I would pack it into a hard-shell case, with internal padding. Lock all available locking tabs/holes with locks (and not cable ties, or sum such). Handgun cases go into RAM' plastic sleeves, so I would carton wrap a rifle case to "camouflage".

Never had an issue with RAM, but yes they charge for the service

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    Up to now I was under the impression only RAM could courier FA's. If that has changed it will be good to know!

I would pack it into a hard-shell case, with internal padding. Lock all available locking tabs/holes with locks (and not cable ties, or sum such). Handgun cases go into RAM' plastic sleeves, so I would carton wrap a rifle case to "camouflage".

Never had an issue with RAM, but yes they charge for the service
    Blu Logistics does seem to have the certification and I do know of one person who's used them to transport firearms. Just hoping to get a few more opinions

I am planning to pack that way if I can source a decent, affordable hard case on that end. Otherwise I'd have to make another plan

Ram, Ram and Ram. Worth the price.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Ram, Ram and Ram. Worth the price.
    I completely understand and agree with paying a high price to have something done properly the first time but unfortunately in this case, I'm on an extremely tight budget.

Banned

Bru, I've only got a quote from them but haven't used them because I had the good fortune that the seller brought down the firearms to me when he was passing through to go to the coast on holiday. But from what I've heard from them , they do most or all of the major firearm logistics from the shipping containers for most of the wholesalers

Banned

Oh and you can't lock or seal the case/ package until they've verified serial numbers etc

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Bru, I've only got a quote from them but haven't used them because I had the good fortune that the seller brought down the firearms to me when he was passing through to go to the coast on holiday. But from what I've heard from them , they do most or all of the major firearm logistics from the shipping containers for most of the wholesalers
    I was hoping for that but unfortunately it didn't work out so good

Okay so they should be pretty reliable then

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Oh and you can't lock or seal the case/ package until they've verified serial numbers etc
    Thank you. That could have been a problem

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dullz View Post
    Good day friends.

I'm looking to transport a firearm from Pretoria to Durban and RAM's fees are a bit ridiculous imo.

Someone suggested I use Blu Logistics so I contacted them and to my good fortune they quoted me Half the price that RAM did.

I'm a bit concerned as I've never heard of them before and there aren't too many courier companies in SA certified to transport firearms (this is the second one in my knowledge) and I really wouldn't want anything to go wrong and I'm sure the seller wouldn't either.

If anyone has used them, I would appreciate some feedback as well as any packing advice you could provide as they haven't been too helpful with that.

Thanks in advance

At what gunshop is it, sometimes a person with a dealer license can transport it closer to you? I am thinking in the direction of the SAPSA nationals that is being held at Mapstone in PMB in June.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast